+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6.5 month old early rising following SOS

My son of 6.5 months old has been following tizzie halls SOS routine since 4 months and was getting thru to 7 am till about 5 months so I know his capable of sleeping till then but the last month and a half he is waking from 5.30 - 6 am

I have tried tizzie halls early rising tips with no luck. Does anyone have any tips or anything that worked for them to get him though that extra hour?
    Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read tizzy hall, but DD wakes between 4-5 usually and is hungry. Even though she 'should' sleep til 7, if I give her a bottle when she wakes up, she will go back to sleep until 7 no dramas. Perhaps he's going through a growth spurt and needs the milk a little earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply we have tried to feed him when he wakes he doesn't take it though his not interested in it till 7 am he just talks to himself or I'll pop him on couch with me & he will resettle till 7 am! Or I have been resettling him in cot I just don't know what's waking him at 5.30-6!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cold maybe? I'm not sure where you are but here in SA atm between 5-6am the temperature has been dropping dramatically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    His not cold as we put another blanket on him after dream feed & he is always nice & warm when I get him up. When he wakes at 6 am he is fully rested & ready to go for day. So could anyone suggest weather I should put him to sleep later? As I have tried earlier as suggested in SOS but that didn't make a difference. He has bath just after 6 pm bottle at 6.20 & in bed by 7 pm every night. He sleeps 11 hrs so if I change to bottle at 7.20 & in bed by 8 pm do you think he will sleep the extra hour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most babies, according to the many man books I read, will sleep 11 hours at night. Some can do 12 hours, but 11 hours is sufficient. If your baby is happy and healthy, you may just have to accept it

If you're desperate to get that 1 hour back, all I can suggest is maybe decreasing the day time sleep.

It's a never ending battle isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If lo isnt hungry can u leave him to babble to himself? My dd sometimes wakes 6/6:30 am and I just leave her to talk to herself.. sometimes she even goes back to sleep til 7:30.
    The only time I will get her up if she has a smelly nappy or is in distress. Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app