+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Other than steamed veggies, what about salt etc in other foods?
    We did finger foods from 6 months for all 3 of our kids and by 18 months all were easily spoon feeding themselves.

What do you mean about salt? I don't add salt to anything I make for the kids, or if I do it's only a very small amount. I also agree often what we offer babies can be quite bland. my kids all preferred food that had garlic or stock (home made) in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 8m old solid HELP.

Salt is in most food so we try avoid all processed food and only eat bread every 2nd or 3rd day and avoid all tinned/food from jars and sauces etc we cook without salt and DH and I add after if needed - make sure you try lots of herbs/spices/ oils though!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 15-10-2012 at 14:27.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

What do you mean about salt?
    I think OP is referring to the post that mentioned gravy. Gravy is full of salt.

OP I'm no help as DD seems to have some kind of intollerance so she only ever gets pears, peas, prunes and pumpkin.

DD is the same age and has 8 teeth so I worry about fiver food and her biting off a large piece and choking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    Gravy is full of salt.
    Packet gravy is full of salt, yes but I make mine by hand with pan juices and add no salt
    I give flavour with herbs and lemon juice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry TnA I must apologise, I'm not much of a cook and I've never made my own gravy from scratch so pardon my ignorance there.

I used to cook a bit but hardly at all with DD around. Mind you I've never made a roast, I've never been a fan since my mum never cooked a good one, it just put me off them. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Salt is in most food so we try avoid all processed food and only eat bread every 2nd or 3rd day and avoid all tinned/food from jars and sauces etc we cook without salt and DH and I add after if needed - make sure you try lots of herbs/spices/ oils though!
    I have never considered the salt in bread!! DS has been eating toast every day for past couple of weeks, I'll be swapping to every second day now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD didn't really take to solids consistently until about 9mo. She'd have bits and peices but would often refuse. We did a mix of finger foods and purées. She just kind of started going for it at some point and is a great eater now. At 14mo she only has one bottle per day (before bed) and eats pretty much anything we give her.

As for salt, a tiny bit of iodized salt in a batch of home cooked food is fine. Just avoid packaged foods most of the time. One thing DD loves is sweet potato chips - just cut into fingers, a light coat of olive oil and bake in the oven. Super easy and DD loves it. Might be a good option for giving finger foods a go?