+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 8m old solid HELP.

I'm about to cry or am crying! Ds2 is fussy! Ds1 ate everything at his age. Ds2 just won't open his mouth to any savory dish I make. He will happily eat:Yoghurt, mashed banana or fruit, custard and sometimes any savoury dish with creamed corn through it. Oh and he'll munch on toast. So basically he has a sweet tooth for spoon food. (I never introduced that first!)I dont know what to do!
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 15-10-2012 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you purée everything? Have you any of the baby led weaning techniques, like encouraging to try things from your plate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no! That must be so frustrating!
    How is he with lumps and chewing? Could you try baby led weaning? Maybe he'll be more inclined to eat if he's feeding himself.
    I hope others will have some great suggestions and help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePixie View Post
    Do you purée everything? Have you any of the baby led weaning techniques, like encouraging to try things from your plate?
    I think I might have to try more finger foods. He was trying to shove cauliflower in his mouth the other day. Is it filling enough? Will he eventually learn to eat a meal from a spoon when he is a toddler (eg soup, casserole)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started dd on puress, but after she got fussy quickly switched to finger foods. From then on she's basically fed herself, at 27m she can easily use a spoon (sometimes she wears the food but oh well) last night she had a runny casserole pasta dish

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had this problem with DD a couple of months ago, she just completely stopped eating anything but custard or yoghurt. So I cut out everything sweet for a few days and she had veggies for breakfast lunch and tea. She developed a taste for them again and we haven't had any problems since. I also realised in that period I was making her food too bland. She likes good flavour, mashed steamed veg? No way. But mashed roasted veg with chicken gravy she gobbles down.
    We also went through a phase a few weeks ago where little miss independence wouldn't eat anything unless she did it herself... she's a pretty lazy eater though so that didn't last too long lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would highly recommend doing finger foods! He is at that age where they want to explore by putting everything in their mouth including food. Babies will eat until they are full....this includes when they feed themselves. So if he wants to chew on some cauli thats awesome! Also try cheese sticks for something different and steamed zuchinni, etc as they are things he can hold and gum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 8m old solid HELP.

Totally agree with pp, try finger foods, exactly what you are eating is better as they usually want what you have !
    They will eat when hungry and will eat until they ate satisfied , just keep offering a variety of food
    My DS was never spoon fed but by 18 months had great spoon/ fork skills, I believe its because from
    6 months old he was picking up his own food so it developed his coordination really well! Now at nearly 2 he is just trying to learn to use chop sticks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Other than steamed veggies, what about salt etc in other foods?