+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    No, not any more. When DS was born he looked just like I thought he would - just like his Dad. Olive skin, dark hair. But he's now a spitting image of me, pale skinned, blonde, blue-eyed. And he's more beautiful than I thought possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by suemp View Post
    Nope not a bit. dp is 1/8th islander , or maybe 1/4 i keep forgetting lol (we think Torres straight). Dp and his father are both quite dark. My kids have my pale skin. I just assumed the dark skin would be the dominant gene.
    It's fascinating actually. Indigenous Australians and most islanders carry a blonde gene/mutation giving them blonde hair which, when mixed with caucasians, can give the offspring an extremely pale pigmentation. I'm sure most people in Australia have met aboriginal people who have a very European look about them, with a lot having a especially northern European look, even if only 3/4 white. My sister is 1/4 indigenous and looks completely white lol, with red hair and blue eyes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wantingtostart For This Useful Post:

suemp  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In a way he does because everyone (even me) thought he'd get my massive blue eyes and blonde hair....which he did. But in a totally different way to what I'd imagined. It's hard to explain! I guess I'm trying to say some of his features are as I imagined but they came together in a way I NEVER imagined. Or maybe I really just had no idea what to expect

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt know what to expect before dd was born. We didnt find out the sex so i never even had a preconcieved gender in mind, but when she was born she just looked so familiar like a face id known my whole life! She looked so much like dp and its funny how much shes changed in two years because now i just see me as a toddler!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD looks like me as a baby but everyone who sees her thinks she looks like DH I do think its weird how much she looks like me sometimes and didn't expect that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no expectations about how the kids would look. Weirdly my son is the spitting image of my dad (with blonde hair instead of black) and my daughter looks exactly like my mother (down to the petite nail beds). I find it a little spooky sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No.
    My eldest DD has a aboriginal dad. So I thought I would get a caramel baby, with brown eyes. Nope I got a clone of me. Pale, with freckles...plus she has blues eyes which both her parents don't have.
    Second DD to different dad has vibrant red hair, but looks like her Daddy. My sister has red hair so I guess that it is where it comes from.
    I often wonder if I have a third child what they will look like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1, yes. He has brown hair and brown eyes and is tall and slim.
    DS2, No way! He has brown eyes. But he has red hair. It was such a surprise. Everyone was telling me his hair would go brown. But he has red eyebrows and red eyelashes. He doesnt have the light skin. He is smaller than i thought too.