+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    People need to grow up, that's what I think. It's just a colour. And the type of toys, colours etc a child likes doesn't determen (sp?) whether or not one will be gay or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    !diots!
    My ds is 3 and loves tinkerbell, drinks with Barbie on them, the doll at grandmas house etc. He also loves cars, trucks and superheroes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Who cares?

DD's pram was blue. Her doll was a Baby Born boy named Jack (who wore boy clothes). Nobody ever said she looked like a big dyke and I was humiliating her by getting her those two things to use.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: pink color, strollers and dolls

she said she went onto the pinkstinks UK page and asked if they were interest in setting up a australian office but she said she has not heard back. a shame.
    she is not winning this comp and is way behind as it seems people are voting once on every photo and seem to skip hers. lesson learned. dont put photo on a page of my own toddler in his mums shoes wearing green nailpolish and mummies wedding dress that she was cutting up lolz. oh and i also learned that fb "most likes, wins"" comp are nothing but fraude and lame waste of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a straight female who hates the colour pink, hates dolls, loves the colour blue and as a kid I played trucks and Thomas the Tank with my best friend (a boy who is my age), whilst occasionally digging out his sisters old tea set and having tea parties in the sand pit. BTW he turned out to be straight too!!! (And we even have a photo of him and I being forced to play weddings by our older sisters, he was the bride and I was the groom!!!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

MumOfDazza  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pink color, strollers and dolls

That's disgusting!
    my ds has pink clothes love dolls prams playing pirates princesses shrek & witches he wears nail polish I don't deny him of anything at 4 years of age it certainly doesn't define his sexual orientation and as his mother I couldnt care less what that will be he is my boy. I love him!
    As for Facebook I don't feel comfortable putting photos up on public pages for that reason... The old keyboard warriors some people can be just so cruel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    People tend to be especially ignorant and brave behind a computer screen.

Plus, putting photos of kids into a competition so the world can vote on who is the cutest/prettiest/most popular is just strange.

I get the whole pinkification message, and def support it - too much pink and too much stereotyping. But I also think - why not pink? Why should these colours continue to be gender specific? Why don't they make play strollers in many different colours, instead of pink and blue being the only option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    People tend to be especially ignorant and brave behind a computer screen.

Plus, putting photos of kids into a competition so the world can vote on who is the cutest/prettiest/most popular is just strange.

I get the whole pinkification message, and def support it - too much pink and too much stereotyping. But I also think - why not pink? Why should these colours continue to be gender specific? Why don't they make play strollers in many different colours, instead of pink and blue being the only option.
    i dont think she has issue wit the color pink itself. i think she doesnt like that girls toys are mainly pink and hardly any other color. her son doesnt seem to be bothered with pink and i know my son doesnt care either.
    i think she just wants to get more of the general toys in unisex colors, such as dolls, strollers, teasets, etc. not the branded toys like cinderella.

she said to me: "toy trucks come in yellow and ornage and black, so why cant strollers come in yellow, orange and black to?'
    does that make sense at all?

when i visit her i dont see a lot of blue at all. both our sons love bright colors including pink. she knew at the time she was gonna repaint her place that she was havin a boy, so she could just have paintd his room blue, but she did everything yellow i think.

u know, i really love the fisher price toys as a lot of the times they are prime colors and not just pink or blue

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope she doesn't remove the picture! If it's the photo I am thinking of, it's a great photo and why doesn't he deserve a chance to win.

I think people can be so horrid and I can't believe that people would say such things.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 18-10-2012 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pink color, strollers and dolls

Seriously WTH is wrong with people