+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shouldn't have bothered
    Last edited by BubbleGuppy; 15-10-2012 at 10:50.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel82 View Post
    Welcome to mummyhood! Everything u now do will be judged and critisised!

Good on u for not being selfish and doing what is the very best for ur baby! Sure the chance of actually getting listeria or toxo or what ever else is probably very slim but on that very slim chance u could get it its simply so not worth ur babies health!

I think its silly to take that kind of risk. But thats just me! What other mums decide to do is their own choice and i have never and will never comment to another mum about her choice! For me i am only pregnant for 9 months. 9 months were i have to soley put my baby first. Its a simple choice for me and people have a go and laugh and judge etc but when my baby is born happy and healthy i am proud of myself for staying strong.

Lol then i go and have a few celebration wines and a wonderful platter or soft cheeses and cold meats because i earnt them 7 1/2 weeks to go yum yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Hehe
    your going to drink wine while breastfeeding? Don't you know alcohol passes into breastmilk? How selfish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do what you like. Personally I don't buy in to the food hysteria, but that's just me. And I do roll my eyes when people have no clue, (no cream cheese isn't what is meant by soft cheese FFS). But if you want to eat that way then whose business is it to anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews

Good on u for not being selfish and doing what is the very best for ur baby! Sure the chance of actually getting listeria or toxo or what ever else is probably very slim but on that very slim chance u could get it its simply so not worth ur babies health!

I think its silly to take that kind of risk. But thats just me! What other mums decide to do is their own choice and i have never and will never comment to another mum about her choice! For me i am only pregnant for 9 months. 9 months were i have to soley put my baby first. Its a simple choice for me and people have a go and laugh and judge etc but when my baby is born happy and healthy i am proud of myself for staying strong.

Lol then i go and have a few celebration wines and a wonderful platter or soft cheeses and cold meats because i earnt them 7 1/2 weeks to go yum yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Hehe
    Please tell me you recognised the irony in your post after you posted it....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by BubbleGuppy; 15-10-2012 at 10:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup the judging the never stops. And yes in our grandparents day babies were born stillborn and they wouldn't have known why. Perhaps some of this was listeria infection? They just didn't have the sophisticated diagnostic tools we do now.

I was judged by very educated, otherwise lovely, women for NOT drinking alcohol! They completely stuck their noses up at me saying one drink wouldn't matter and was great for relaxation. Ok.... My baby, my body, my decision. In ashamed to say I lied and says I would want more than one. Really I had no issue or desire to drink. I just wanted to do everything possible to give my baby a great start.

Thanks
    Reviews

Whats this issue with this?? Expressing prior to having a drink and being educated in how long in takes to exit your system sounds fine to me! What's wrong with fantasising about what food and drink you can have when the baby is born? You need something to get you through those last weeks!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

beccacino  (15-10-2012),mousky  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol no headoverfeet i wont!
    As i said i don't care what any other mum decides to do for her and her baby its no business of mine. If i were to drink and bf yes i would consider MYSELF being selfish. Again i repeat incase u didn't get it it has nothing to do with anyother mums choice but no surprise i am being judged.
    Nearly 2 years dry here as i didnt touch a single drop during either pregnancy or whilst bf ds1 (i had 1month between bf ds1 and falling pg) even though i expressed so DH could feed him and bond with him. This time after i express and while DH is feeding DS2 i can have a glass or two to celebrate his arrival.
    Over justifying myself now and i repeat again its how i feel about what i do for me and my baby.
    Agh i really do dislike BH and why i don't bother posting anymore!
    Fir what its worth (and correct me if I am wrong) but I dont think Headoverfeet was being serious. And my comment had nothing to do with your drinking. I was more a reference to the fact that in your earlier post you imply your dislike for mums being judged, then follow on with a couple of paragraphs that sound suspiciously like passive-aggressive judgement...

OP just ignore anyone who give you a hard time. Your body, your rules.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (15-10-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Fir what its worth (and correct me if I am wrong) but I dont think Headoverfeet was being serious. And my comment had nothing to do with your drinking. I was more a reference to the fact that in your earlier post you imply your dislike for mums being judged, then follow on with a couple of paragraphs that sound suspiciously like passive-aggressive judgement...

OP just ignore anyone who give you a hard time. Your body, your rules.
    Yeah this lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I'm just blissfully unaware but I don't feel like I've EVER been judged for what I'll eat/not eat or drink during pregnancy or afterward. Sometimes people have felt the need to express opinions I don't share or offer advice I'll never follow - particularly about sleep settling - but I've actually never experienced any judgement, as such. People either comment supportively or don't comment at all. Or maybe I'm just really good at not noticing it. Sorry to all those who've felt judged. But in the end who really gives a crap what other people think.