+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Keeping Tadpoles

So DD and I went down to the local lake today and saw millions of tadpoles there that now she wants to collect a few to watch transform, I remember doing this as a child and think it would be awesome experience for her (and we have already agreed we would rerelease the frogs).

We have a spare tank, a net, special fish food (we have gold fish and tropical fish so nothing new there) but what else do we need to know? What would you need to set up a tank good? Is it worth collecting some water and gravel etc from the pond too?

Any tips people have for raising tadpoles?

TIA

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS had tadpoles at his dads house up until a few weeks ago when they released the frogs. He had them in one of those small siamese fighter tanks with gravel and a plastic tiny plant thing in the middle. Apparently FOB would throw in a bit of lettuce leaf every now and then and thats what they ate. Seemed to work fine.

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (14-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oooh great timing!! we have tadpoles in our pool (from a naughty frog i found a while back thats been taking residence in our yard and pool) we want to clean the pool but dont know what to do with the tadpoles. i want to see some transform. there are soooo many though!!!

will be doing what london suggested (cheers) as recently our fighting fish died so now we have 2 spare tanks