+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking the question Mummy2Lilly, I was a young Mum with my first 2 girls and was far too scared to go to the loo let alone tell someone I hadn't gone in three weeks, I kept telling them I had no problems... I have been really nervous about it this time and have building up the courage to ask someone about what I can do to help things along. Thank you to everyone for the fantastic advise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have alot of experience in this area lol. I have tried them all- metamucil, movicol, even stuff they give you in hospital after the birth. The best thing of all, I have found, is 100% prune juice. Drink 2 big glasses and you will get the desired result

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would work on having some stool softeners, prunes or pear juice, plenty of fluids, and talking to a physio about *how* to poop.

Also, your dr told you your breast milk goes sour, inside the breast? I would seriously be questioning this. Maybe call the ABA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually Metamucil isn't the best to take. It works by bulking up your stools, this can make matters much much worse!

As pp have said a stool softener such as Actilax, is best. Metamucil is not a stool softener. I second holding your perenium with a clean pad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also try eating a bowl of oats each morning for breakky.

And try add legumes and chick peas to meals that you have (soups, casseroles etc).

This should all help keep everything soft and mushy for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can sympathise with this (although pregnant with first so obviously not after the birth). I was constipated from the very beginning of this pregnancy and too scared to take anything. Eventually, around 16 weeks, I was curled up on the bathroom floor trying to throw up because I hadn't gone properly in weeks. DH was on the phone to the hospital asking what I could take and they were saying to drink more water! Nothing else.

I called Mothersafe and they said pretty much anything in a pharmacy is fine when pregnant (didn't ask about BF). They recommended glycerin suppositories for emergencies. They work within about an hour. My brother also had them after a hernia surgery. I'd stay clear of Dulcolax though. I've been taking metamucil twice a day since that lovely little episode and it hasn't been comfortable, but it's been ok.

I'd call Mothersafe about the suppositories and the Metamucil. Sometimes the medicos just don't take this seriously.