+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How can you tell its your waters or a watery discharge? TMI warning!

I have been getting very watery discharge, no any form of texture at all! If I dont wear a liner I would be changing my underpants 4 or more times a day!
    It doesnt smell like anything and doesnt stick.

I was concerned so I went to the hospital few days ago to check if I was leaking and the result came back negative. Doctor said its just very watery discharge.

But I am still paranoid! I just had another wet patch and just wondering how can I tell if its my waters or discharge?

DId you feel any popping sensation when your water broke? how much of the water suppose to come out? will you need a pad to stop it dripping or its like pee just comes out in one go? will it wet your whole undie if?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could have a hind water leak? Apparently amniotic fluid smells like semen? My middy broke my waters so I don't know what it feels like for them to go on their own but it was a massive gush for me like I had wet myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I went into labour my waters leaked....and I had to wear a pad. It was kinda constant leak but not like I was weeing....just this slow leak.

However I also started to get mild cramping as well like period pains so I knew that birth was coming.

How far along are you and are you having any cramping as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 40+5 at the moment. I have been getting cramps but very inconsistent.
    With DS the doctors broke my waters so i dont know what it feels like to break on my own. When they did it wasnt even a big gush, i was surprised at how little water there was!
    I just dont want to be leaking and not going into labour because the rosk of infection. I have an appointment with the hopital tomorrow and will get them to check again. But its so confusing for me, i am constantly smelling my liner to see if it smells anything different or if the texture is ! Tmi

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like a hind water leak....like a small hole opens up and leaks fluid but it can actually re-seal.

The risk of infection is small compared to when your fore-waters break.

It does sound like thinks arent too far away....especially if you are 40+5. For me the cramps were nothing I could set a watch to but I was getting them. It wasnt until I went to hopsy about 7 hours later that they began to come regularly. My hind waters leaking felt like just dampness to me but a constant dampness. I dont think it felt odd or anything.

If you are really worried head off to emergency now and they can check for you. But take your bag with you just in case as they may admit you.

Take care.....try and rest as this could very well be the start! If you are worried call your middy and speak with them. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my waters break twice and believe me, there is alot of fluid.. more than you would have if you wee yourself accidently.. even with a maternity/super size pad on, it still soaked right thru and thru my clothes and down my pants. sounds like a hind leak.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ds1 I felt a pop and everything I was wearing went wet, but with ds2 I didn't feel a pop but it was a constant leak every time he moved but with saying that it was a fair bit of water gushing every time he moved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fluid EVERYWHERE with DD.

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had similar to what you're describing & it was a hind water leak.

When they checked at the hospital, how did they check? For me, I had to lie flat for 20 minutes & let it 'pool', then they took a swab to establish whether it was amniotic fluid or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had that happen for a few weeks & had to wear pads every day. It wasn't my waters. When my waters broke there were no pops, more a little gush every now and then which I had no control over.