+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Yes right at the beginning. I just don't see how waiting another year would make him any more 'ready'.
    See, there is no way my daughter is going to be ready next year and my son is only 2, and born in July, but I would not even consider sending him when he is 4.5. Way too young.

I think the cut off should be April, like it is in Victoria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvest moon, I understand your frustration... Are you aware that Kindergarten is not like what it was when we were there? It is not a transition like it used to be it is full on. Come here, sit down, write this, colour this, you want to play blocks instead of colouring in? Well I'm sorry but colouring in is what we are doing now. When you are in Kindergarten there are limited choices...very limited.

However, with the less structured environment of preschool or day care...if the kids want to play blocks or whatever, there is far more opportunity. How do I know...I'm a teacher AND I too kept my DD back until the year she turned 6.
    Last edited by Squeegee; 15-10-2012 at 18:59. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I sent DS the year later and I'm so glad I did. He has come so far in the last 12 months. There are a number of young kinders this year at our school and generally they are the ones with more behavioural issues and struggling with the work. That doesn't mean every early starter is like that. Some handle it really well. But lots of kids go to early imo