+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    lol Boobychino re: $20 because its 1 note! I am totally the same normally it would be $20 or $50 (why can't there by a $30 note) but in this case she doesn't want cash in an envelope she wants money contributed under her name at a specified shop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup80 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Baby Shower requesting money for nursery..can I give a gift instead?

Ah cool well then sure $30 on an.account.

Actually that's quite cute way to do it. I like it better than giving cash.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I wouldn't, especially if it wasn't a close friend! If people don't want to receive "shyte" they don't want/need maybe they should put " no presents, just your presence." On the invite instead of asking for cash!!
    See I did this with #3. I didn't want a baby shower but we'd just moved interstate and DH's extended family arranged it and I thought it was a lovely gesture as DD1 and DD2 were included and excited. I asked for no presents though and still got a whole bunch of stuff I didn't use or want. After a discreet amount of time I bundled it up and sent it to charity. I'm not ungrateful I just didn't want people I barely knew spending money.

Sometimes you just can't win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd give the money, if anyone has an issue with the value of a gift then that is entirely their problem, not yours. A gift is voluntary, it should only be what you can afford. I'd give $20 as boobycino said, it just makes more sense to me too to give 1 note in a card.
    I think its fine to ask for what you want on an invite, its a reality people are going to bring presents whether you ask for it or not (its kinda implied!) so stating a "preference" for cash rather than other things, what is wrong with that??? The only thing I find sad is that I love seeing all the cute baby gifts being opened at the shower, thats one of my favourite parts of the baby shower getting to ooh and ahhh over all the little jumpsuits and socks etc!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cub For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would give the $30 and wouldn't be offended at all by them asking for a contribution towards their nursery rather than a gift. I think it makes perfect sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ugh - this is so tacky.

I'd still take a gift rather than give cash.

As for those saying they don't want stuff that they wouldn't use, cool, ask for no gifts.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (16-10-2012),Buttercup80  (16-10-2012),delirium  (16-10-2012),RainbowSky  (18-10-2012),Stiflers Mom  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd give money, but as PP have said, just give $20. I'm sure she'll be happy with that, every little bit counts!

I get so uncomfortable when people ask for money, I never know the correct amount to give. At least with presents I can find something nice on sale if I can't afford heaps at the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing I find sad is that I love seeing all the cute baby gifts being opened at the shower, thats one of my favourite parts of the baby shower getting to ooh and ahhh over all the little jumpsuits and socks etc![/QUOTE]

Yes, me too...how cute is newborn stuff!

I get so uncomfortable when people ask for money, I never know the correct amount to give. At least with presents I can find something nice on sale if I can't afford heaps at the time.[/QUOTE]

This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it gross that after everyone has left she'll sit there counting how much money she made. Yuk!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup80 View Post
    The only thing I find sad is that I love seeing all the cute baby gifts being opened at the shower, thats one of my favourite parts of the baby shower getting to ooh and ahhh over all the little jumpsuits and socks etc!
    Yes, me too...how cute is newborn stuff!

I get so uncomfortable when people ask for money, I never know the correct amount to give. At least with presents I can find something nice on sale if I can't afford heaps at the time.[/QUOTE]

This![/QUOTE]

Exactly - this is the whole point of a baby shower!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (18-10-2012)