+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ew! I really find asking for money for a baby shower very icky.

People love baby showers because they get to choose and give someone baby stuff.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd give them $10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I'd give them $10.
    In 50c coins, that would be awesome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I would just give $30.

I don't think it's rude stating what you need. I was given so much shyte at my baby shower, I gave it all away.

I also don't think it's stingy giving $30.
    I wouldn't, especially if it wasn't a close friend! If people don't want to receive "shyte" they don't want/need maybe they should put " no presents, just your presence." On the invite instead of asking for cash!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your different perspectives. I am glad that most think that $30 would not be offensive (of cause I would prefer the opportunity to do Newborn shopping but never mind). I was really worried because I spoke to someone going to the shower who has 4 children and is a SAHM (I know you shouldn't compare families) and she was intending on giving $50 and I really didn't want to seem cheap but we just are not in a position to give more then $30 at the moment.

I think I will just give the $30 and be done with it. I really would like to buy something for the same amount but I know that this mum to be has a very fixed vision as to what her baby will be wearing/using, which I guess is the reason that she has opted for money instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Baby Shower requesting money for nursery..can I give a gift instead?

Its the thought that counts anyway!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower requesting money for nursery..can I give a gift instead?

$30 is a lot of money! And I agree with PP it is the thought that counts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Some people are minimalistic and don't like to see the wastage. Not everyone wants to hoard a years worth of baby products in their home *shrug*

I always find these notions (along with the idea that you should save everything from your first for your second) the making of a hoarders TV show...
    I guess it's each to their own. 12 bottles of baby bath doesn't take up much room, it's not like I had 200 boxes of it lol I used it so it wasn't wasted.

Different strokes and all that, but I would never request cash for a nursery, infact I would never request cash period. If someone is spending heaps on a nursery to the point they need others to contribute I wouldn't consider that minimalistic. I just find it bad manners but that's just me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I guess I will be the odd one out, we are having a wishing well with envelopes, if people choose to put money in that is there decision!

I don't find it trashy at all. I don't want "expensive things", or anything OTT. I wouldn't be offended if someone gave me a gift either but I don't really want a whole heap of clothing that I wouldn't dress my child in IYKWIM. Or babywash etc that I don't want to put on my bubbas skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd probably give a gift, because I like giving gifts, I hand make baby clothes for my own kids so I'd probably make something... would depend... if I thought someone would turn their nose up at something I'd given them I'd probably a) give them nothing or b) not go.

But if you don't mind giving money $30 to me seems totally fine. I'd probably give $20 because its one note - whereas for some reason to me a $10 and a $20 seems odd to put in a card. I'm a little strange though.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 16-10-2012 at 11:19.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post: