+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd just give the $30 and be done with it.

Shame on her if she doesn't think you've given her a big enough sum of money! I think that $30 is completely reasonable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $30 is plenty for a baby shower gift. Don't feel bad about tgat amount.

I think asking for money for a baby shower is rude. The only thing I find it acceptable for is a wedding.

You have every right to buy a gift too & I bet u are not the only one who does

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a close friend who recently had a 'shower' (bub number 3) and she was determined that her guests would not bring gifts. She said to all her guests that being there was gift enough and that it was just lovely to share morning tea and games with close friends. She also added (with a personal poem) that they were looking to redo the nursery and if friend wanted to contribute towards that then they could. She later found that one of her 'friends' had gotten on a forum and made comment about how she had asked her guests for money and how if they couldn't afford it then maybe they should stick with the nursery they had.
    Most of the time it has nothing to do with the money or about being about to afford it, but more to do with ending up with mountains of stuff you don't need.

I say respect her wishes and contribute the cash. $30 is plenty, don't feel bad about it.
    Look on the bright side: at least by asking for cash you are able to choose how much you contribute. If it were a registry then the prices would be dictated to you.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to April13 For This Useful Post:

GM01  (26-04-2013),mrswhitehouse  (13-10-2012),PR2bMum  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    What's so bad about just accepting the gifts that people give? Unless you are inviting strangers to your shower, they are going to know how many kids you have. That you probably have a monitor and a bouncer. So the idea people don't give you want you want sounds a bit high maintenance to me.

I was given tonnes of baby bath products when my first was born. oddles of it. Rather than being unappreciative, I thanked everyone and didn't need to buy anything bath related for about a year lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (16-10-2012),Purple Lily  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Asking for money for your baby shower...... Asking for anything at all... Soooooo rude.

Unless they are a close friend just buy them a gift, voucher whatever. If they have a problem with it tell them to ping off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

monnie24  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, no, no!! What the hell is wrong with this world??!!

You don't know her very well and it sounds as if she's just being opportunistic. I have a huge problem with people asking for money, it's just freaking rude. I'd buy her a present just to prove a point. If she doubles up on gifts, she should be thankful and give them to charity shops/her other pregnant friends.
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 15-10-2012 at 19:14.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby Shower requesting money for nursery..can I give a gift instead?

I would just give $30.

I don't think it's rude stating what you need. I was given so much shyte at my baby shower, I gave it all away.

I also don't think it's stingy giving $30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I just wouldn't go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just do what you feel comfortable with, and what you can afford within your budget. Dont feel bad about what your situation is, it is a hard time for most of us xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanzanite For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (16-10-2012),αληθη  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I would just give $30.

I don't think it's rude stating what you need. I was given so much shyte at my baby shower, I gave it all away.

I also don't think it's stingy giving $30.
    This.

I would give the $30. I would rather give $$ and know its going to be useful, rather than a gift that's going to be of no use.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

angelini  (16-10-2012)