Hello

My name is Kim McLeod, and I am writing on behalf of Professor Catherine Waldby from The University of Sydney, Australia (http://sydney.edu.au/arts/sociology_social_policy/staff/profiles/catherine_waldby.shtml).

Professor Waldby is undertaking an Australian Research Council-funded research project investigating the changing meanings of human eggs. This research will improve public and professional understanding of the changing meanings eggs have for various groups of women. Professor Waldby is seeking participants for her project in Australia, California and the UK.

There are two groups of Australian women we need to help us with the study. The first is women who have frozen their eggs (not embryos) for future use at an Australian clinic and the second is women who have travelled overseas to obtain eggs (not embryos).

Participating in the study would involve being interviewed by Professor Waldby about your opinions and experiences of freezing eggs at a banking facility in Australia, or obtaining eggs from an overseas clinic. All aspects of the study will be treated as strictly confidential and ethics approval for this project has been granted by The University of Sydney Human Research Ethics Committee (Protocol number: 14172).

Please get in touch if you are at all interested in being interviewed, or would like to know more about the study. My email address is: kim.mcleod@sydney.edu.au We would greatly appreciate your participation. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kim
KIM McLEOD | Research Officer | for PROFESSOR CATHERINE WALDBY Sociology and Social Policy | Faculty of Arts | THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY