+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage or not?

Hi there

Im 5w6d. Two days ago i had some very light spotting. Only noticed some blood on toilet paper. This stopped and I had nothing further for 36 hours. Then yesterday again had some heavier blood . I have had very minor - barely no - cramping. Today the blood is still 'there but is very light - not requiring anything more than a thin liner. I haven't noticed any clots etc. Still no cramping. However my other pregnancy symptoms seem to have subsided i.e my boobs are less sore, not peeing as frequently. Too early for a scan and not really getting clear advice from my GP. Does this sound like the early stages of a miscarriage? My gut feel is that it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes women 'just know'. If it gets really heavy I would go to emergency. I could also choose to go anyway and have u/s. It might be ok as other hubbers have posted previously. Good luck and look after yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Ella06  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice. I now remember my doctor saying that we can do blood tests to test the hormone levels over 48 hours. The bleeding stopped so I didn't progress with the test as she also said it would be difficult to do this over the weekend. The doctor has suggested a scan at the end of next week. Perhaps Ill see how things go tomorrow and then see my GP first thing Monday. Don't have an OB yet. This is my first pregnancy. Thanks so much for advice, Im so new to all this it feel a bit overwhelming. Its really helpful to get insight from people who have been thru this before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Miscarriage or not?

Ella, how did everything go? Are you ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I went in for blood tests at six weeks and hormone levels were good but when taken 48 hours later the level hadn't quite doubled. Then had a scan last week at nearly 8 weeks and all ok! The spotting has subsided, so Im feeling really optimistic. They found a second sac that they think could have been another pregnancy that didn't develop. That may have explained the bleeding I had.
    Im really struggling with nausea thats seem to last all day. But at this stage Im so grateful that I dare not complain! Thanks for keeping in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ella,

It's great to hear you are feeling better.
    I have been going through similar situation and it can be a really stressful time.
    I am seven weeks now but have experienced implantation bleeding from four weeks which lasted for 10 days. At this time my Dr was closely monitoring HCG which were still increasing.The spotting stopped for a couple of days then out of the blue i had a bright red bleed. Dr sent me off for a scan and they could see a fetal pole and heartbeat at 102bpm, also saw the hemorrhage but there was little they could do to advise what the outcome would be. a few days later the bleeding slowed down and i continued to have my HCG levels monitored. Dr was fairly concerned as they were slow on the increase and not doubling as expected. I then passed a few clots and something which looked like an umbilical cord with a grey bubble on the end. At this point i was convinced i had mcd. Back to the Dr for another scan and blood test and to my absolute delight there was my little bean hanging in there, heartbeat 120bpm. Honestly at this point I was witnessing a miracle. HCG levels monitored over 48 hours and today they are 51600 and Dr said that it is beginning to look like a normal, viable pregnancy. I just wanted to share my story with you, Don't give up hope!