+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question DS2 and sore legs

My 2 and a half year old has been complaining of sore legs for maybe 6 months now. Not constant but just on and off. Are growing pains real? Or is it maybe a cramp or something?

Has anyone else been through this that can help? I hate not knowing what to say or do for him. I massage them when they hurt but it doesnt seem to help much. He cries about them at times but sometimes I think they just irritate him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think growing pains are real. When DS1 was 3 he complained all the time of sore legs and even had night terrors associated with leg pain. It's horrible, but not really much you can do. I just used to massage and gave him warm baths. My DD complained too but not so much.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Absolutely, growing pains are real. I remember having growing pains and they were sooooo terrible. I remember sitting up one night just crying and crying and my mum rubbing my legs. DS has had sore legs before which I suspected was growing pains. I sat in bed with him and gently rubbed/massaged his legs till he was able to doze off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All my girls had growing pains when they were little. So dont laugh but what I found worked best was rubbing vicks vapour cream into their knees/legs. I still swear by vicks vapour rub lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Growing pains are very real - DD1 has always gotten them terribly. I would get some sorebelen cream (any lotion really) and tape a label to it "growing pain cream" and when she cried in the middle of the night I would use the special cream. It didn't stop the pain but she sort of took it on board that the cream was helping and would calm down and go to sleep. We also gave her less dairy products (just on a whim) and they were less frequent. Coincidence perhaps but meh. The creàm would help though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. He loves cream so I might try that. Every time he has a sore he asks for cream to be rubbed on it lol Will do that

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has been having them off and on for a few months now. I've found keeping her in thick tights at night (ok, maybe that won't work for a boy!), but maybe some warm long pants that are firm fitting, and some firm fitting socks has helped keep her legs warm and just feel a bit more snug and comforted. It seems to have reduced the problem a bit. She's only having trouble with it at night.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest had them at 3 and 4 and now his brother has them at just 2. I give them a little panadol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD2 had what our Dr said was growing pains at first. But when we saw him again after she had been having them for a while he said there was something else very similar to growing pains. It's especially common in fussy eaters which DD2 is. Its alL to do with low iron levels. It turned out. That is what DD2 had and she just needed a few months of an iron supplement and since she is older a bit of a lecture from our Dr lol about eating better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 19:43.