+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    will try and make a smoothie type thing for her witb my bm (just milk and fruit) or i could give her milky porridge (sp?) didnt go well with the bottle of ebm. she just chewed n the teat and spat out what ever milk she got kn her mouth. so nothi.g has changed there (sigh) she got really stressed out b me and dh persisting with it so we stoppexd

thanks so mich ladies for all your advice and support through this!! it really means alot and it has lifted my spirits. sorry that you all had to go through that though!! hugs to the ladies still going through it, its tough and it bloody hurts!!
    i have a couple of big gashes in my nipple now and its gone a bit pussy and now my whole breast hurts and not just the nipple sk i think it might be the start of an infection or something. have started using lansinoh on it so hopefully that will heal things (will try the water and bicarb too)

thanks again lovelies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: feeling really upset and need encouragement to continue

My ds has gone through a few biting stages,

8-10 months the worst (teething)
    I used to sit with my pinky near his mouth to remove him when he started to bite down (and firmly say NO! NO BITING)

if i didn't get him off quick enough as he bit down i would push his face into the boob which would force him to delatch and pull back to breath (he didn't like it & he did cry).

A couple of times i did react by smacking him on the leg (note while this did work in stopping that bite i do not promote smacking 8-10 month olds),

Eventually he stopped, i was highly stressed as a result but i quickly learned his 'about to bite ' signs (begin of nursing before let down, halfway through when falling asleeo and at the end mostly)

I would bonjella his gums before every single feed and wait for the bite,

i.also used paw paw cream instead of lanisoh as lanisoh *can* make cracks worse

He's 2yr 4 m now & i still use paw paw cream if we have a bad nursing session
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thats ok OP, it was that i was sorry u got bit again by the using the shield!!! this thread is timely as while im not bitten yet my bb feels a bit bruised by that tooth of DD that is about to come thru...ouch! i hope its working out for you and its a not bad infection..ouchie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default feeling really upset and need encouragement to continue

How are you going OP?