+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it at 4, I had 6 spots.

My father had it at 6, 10 & 12.

My sister had never had it yet never caught it.

It is possible to pick up a mild internal case where you actually display no symptoms yet develop immunity.

Having it as an adult can be very severe a lot of adults end up hospitalised.

I know 3 people who have had shingles but no visible Pox (I would presume internal only)

I hope that helps clear up some confusion for those who have had it twice/developed immunity without having it. i did actually once ask my doctor and he agreed that yes these are all possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Never had it despite being exposed many times as a kid and a couple of times as an adult.
    Blood test says not immune, so I didn't have a sub-clinical case of it either.

Still undecided on getting vax as currently I have zero risk of shingles so it's a gamble weighing up my odds of getting chicken pox while unvaccinated or of getting shingles after vaccination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had it at 26. It was the sickest I've ever been. I would gladly choose labour over chickenpox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had it as a child, at 11 years old. Got it after a school camp, as one of the girls in the same cabin as me got it while she was on camp :-/ My BFF at the time got it as well. Then my sister got it as well.

Most people in my childhood got the pox, just seemed if you didn't get it, you were very lucky back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my cousin gave it to his brother, me and my sister. he broke out in spots on christmas day and we all got spots about 2 weeks later. my cousins and my sister didn't get it too bad but i was 12 and i got it worse than they did. you could actually see the lumps under my clothes. and it was so itchy. a vaccine would have been great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it at 23, very mild, fever and headache, then 5 spots, hardly even itchy. Def chicken pox as blood tests came back positive. My mum had it in her 40's, she was sicker than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had it as a kid, not sure how old. I remember having lots of spots and being ridiculously itchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it as a child when I was about 10, my daughter has just had it earlier in the year even though she has had the vaccine but hers was very very mild compared to mine. And I think mine was just your standard chickenpox - wasn't too sick just itchy.

My aunty got it as an adult though when her son had it, and she was very very crook. I think if you can get the vaccine then do it, just to be on the safe side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had it as a child and both my children have had chickenpox too. One is 4 and the other is 15 months. By all accounts, it was pretty mild and easy to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I got it around 5 years. I also thought everyone caught it young! I remember being bathed in chamomile etc but don't remember any fevers or intense itching.