+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never had it and I'm 29. Had the vaccination at about age 16, then had a blood test a couple of years ago which showed I wasn't immune. I'd been exposed heaps of times through work though, so not sure why I never caught it! Anyway before ttc I got the vaccination again, twice. Not sure if I am immune as I haven't had a blood test to check since, but I figure if I'm not now after having the vax twice then I never will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got chicken pox at 20. Was working in childcare at the time and basically the whole centre got it. And I gave it to my brother who was 18. So it seems that neither if us had it as kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've also never had chicken pox. Everyone arounde caught it including my 2 brothers but I just never did.ight go get the blood test!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep I've had it twice- once when I was 6 months old, very mild. Once when I was 2, raging!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I had it at about 9 or so. It started off going around the school. A week or so into it my little bro had it. We thought it might stay isolated to just him, but a little while later I had two suspicious spots on my tummy. Once it was confirmed as cp it's like my body gave up trying to fight it off and I was covered head to toe. It was so damn itchy and I was literally covered in spots- as was the rest of my family.
    We did the baths with the pine stuff (?) in it to stop the itching but it wasn't working, so instead of diluting it we bathed in it almost straight. Apart from appendicitis, that was the sickest I ever was as a child- bloody awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it when I was 18 and was so incredibly sick - it was awful. I had spots inside my mouth and nose as well as all over my body, it was dreadful. My 8 year old sister had it at the same time, she had about 5 spots on her stomach and was sick for a couple of days, it took me a good week or two to recover and another month or so before I stopped feeling tired all the time.

There was a story in our local paper 3 or 4 years ago about a set of 6 month old twins who had chicken pox - one of them died the other was very sick and spent some time in hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm almost 28 and have never had chicken pox. I was exposed so many times as a child but never caught it. A few years back my sister and her partner both ended up with chicken pox (and were both so sick being in their early 20's). I hadn't been exposed but it made me worry about getting them as an adult so I went to the doctor and got the vaccine. Of course the vaccine isn't 100% but hopefully if I do ever end up with the pox it will only be mild.

Most people think I'm weird for never having had the chicken pox!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never had it. Never got it as a kid when everyone around me had, siblings, neighbours, kids at school.

I had the blood test and I'm immune to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We used to get sent to "chicken pox parties" as kids by mum who had hoped we would get them as children, never did. My brother got the as an adult it was awful he ended up in hospital! I got vaxed at that time & have been checked since & gp things it could also be a natural immunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not immune to chicken pox and have had it 8 times. Its awful. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.