+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never had it! Had the vaccine some years back, but unfortunately blood tests dont always show if it is still in effect (apparently an absence of antibodies doesnt necessarily mean you aren't still vaccinated), so no idea what will happen if I am ever exposed to it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still dont understand if you really can only get it once. My boss had it 3 times.
    I had it as a child. Dont remember it at all but have a couple of chicken pox scars to remind me. DS is 8 and hasnt had it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be 25 next month and have never had them. As an aunty of 4 i am concerned about getting them as i have heard of horrible stories of adult chicken pox. I think the vaccine is pointless as there is already a new strain of chickeb pox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 35 and never had it. I had the vaccine about 7 years ago when I was going traveling. Got to Europe, met my brother and he came out with chicken pox a few days later!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had them 10 years ago. My 4yo got them, them my 2yo got them, then me. Thankfully, my DH had them as a kid, so he could look after us all.

I was SO sick - sicker than I've ever been in my adult life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDanceMum View Post
    My son has a suspected case of chicken pox, and I took him to the doctors this afternoon to see if he does have it and according to my gp he doesn't but to keep an eye on him over the weekend to see if he does start to show the symptoms or not. Whilst I was there I asked the doctor what the likely hood was of me catching the chicken pox off my son if he does get as I never had the chicken pox as a child and I'm now 27. He said he found it very odd that I never had chicken pox as a child and told me to come back on Monday for a blood test to see if I can have the chicken pox vaccine so I can be protected in case I ever get it as an adult as it is worse on an adult than a child.

I feel like a freak of nature as I never had chicken pox as a kid and I was wondering if any one else never had the chicken pox as a child or as an adult?
    I never had chicken pox as a child. I was exposed to it on a number of occasions to try and get it but never did. I got a blood test done when I was 20 and it turns out I am immune. Maybe thats your case as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had chicken pox when I was around 27. I was teaching in the UK and some kids in the class had contracted the virus. Mum thinks I did maybe not have it as a kid (maybe as she mixes me uo with my sister, thank mum!) Before I fell pregnant they tested my immunity and I was immune. I also only had it mildly but the fever came on first.
    Hope all is okay?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I had it twice as a child. First was around the age of 4 and second time i was 10. Both were mild cases.

Both kids have been vaccinated but ds2 still got chicken pox when he was 3. Apparently the vaccine isn't that effective and a lot of people that have had it will contract the virus anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got it at age 2. I was born in the late 70s in the era of 'chicken pox parties'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it as a kid, but I remember one of my teachers having it when I was at school and was off work for about a month (clearly was really really really bad because I remember such a random thing lol). Our replacement teacher, managed to work adult chicken pox into the next science lesson lol.