+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had a fisher and paykle top loader for 6 years and no issues. It has a Eco button that saves water too as our clothes are not too dirty and does a fast spin that makes the clothes almost dry when finished.
    I only have the small one but would live to upgrade to the bigger one that mum has without the agitator in centre.
    I find it really user friendly too with the buttons as opposed to knobs.

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We went washing machine shopping a few months ago but decided to give up lol. Just couldn't decide! We have an LG front loader, cant remember the size but it's small. I've had it for about 6yrs and no issues at all. We just need something bigger but will make do for now. I really want one with the delayed start so I can set it to start at 3am for a long cycle - perfect for washing nappies - so its ready to hang out when I wake up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bosch maxx front loader 6.5kg. Had it for 2.5yrs. love it. I knew beforehand that friont loaders have longer wash times. I do use the the quicker cycles for less soiled clothes and the longer cycles for more soiled clothes. I have to be a bit more organised etc with sorting the washing to maximise the benefits of a front loader, but that doesn't bother me.
    Best machine we've had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would highly recommend looking at the Choice website as they do all the reviews of pretty much everything. Just had a look and they have reviewed 43 washing machines and scored from cleaning to rinsing to water efficiency, etc.

They are recommending the Electrolux, Fischer pykal and asko with the Fischer and pykal being the more cost effective @ 80% overall score.

I have a Fischer pykal and from memory they say that the motor is setup differently to other hashing machines so you generally don't have issues with the motor and it tends to last longer then other washing machines. I have 7kg and is perfect for the family of 5. I do one to two loads a day ands haven't had any issues at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Samsung 7.5kg and am very happy with it. It did take some adjusting going from top loader to front loader. As PP said, towels are scratchy (will try the wool cycle - thanks for the tip!!) and the 1400rpm makes clothes almost dry, but also almost dries the creases in - so i also change it to a lower setting a lot. The wool cycle is excellent and I can trust it with my woolens - I only hand wash silk now, everything else goes in the machine!

I've had it for just under a year, just moved house and it's still going well (I make sure to level it properly when moved), very solid, no bits breaking off etc. It runs at least one load every day and about 5 on a weekend day, lots of heavy soiling - horsepoo and sand - and I'm still waiting for it to tell me to clear the drain plug (hasn't yet!). It definitely seemed like the best value from my research and I'm happy with the choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a fisher and paykel top loader in 2003 , never skipped a beat yet.. Very happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I bought a fisher and paykel a few weeks ago. It's a 7.5kg and works well. My nana has had the same machine for over a year so it was one reason why I got it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my Bosch for about 4 years now, paid I think $850 got water rebate back then so $650. Nothings ever gone wrong with it, except Its built mould up around the seem of the seal? I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it.. clove oil, borax, vinegar, bleach etc.. So i'm buying a new one

As PP said nothing compares to a top loader (AND man I hate getting washing out of a front loader) If I forget to put something in i'm like FFS!

Stay clear of LG for anything? Not that I know if they do washing machines- but my SIL worked at truscotts & they had the most returns on everything and worst customer service etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Washing Machines.... need to hear what you have and if you like it

I chose a Bosch maxx 6.5kg because it has a 15 express cycle which is awesome for small loads of baby things. It's okay for regular washing too, but I love the 15 min wash!