+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Forgot to add, when I lived out of home I had a LG top loader that I loved.. I loved it so much each time i moved out i bought the same machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have that Samsung model in the 8kg and I love it! We are a family of six so it takes a beating and has never skipped a beat. We've had it about a year now and I'm extremely happy with it and when we upgrade to a larger unit I'll be sticking with the Samsungs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We bought a Simpson top loader last year (7.5kg) and it's been great. It has a dial that you turn instead of the fully computerized buttons/display that modern machines have. Can't remember the price, but we got a good deal from memory.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a fisher paykel 7.5kg top loader bought it 10 years ago and I have never had an issue with it (and we have moved house with it 5 times). My mum had the version before mine and it lasted 12 years (serviced a family of 6-8 in that time) and she has recently bought the latest one which doesn't have the agitator design anymore and it is very very quiet, she loves it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just bought a euromaid 7kg front loader and it is excellent! Washes clothes beautifully and it was only $500 delivered by buying it online! I had looked at lg and Samsung prior to this but found great reviews for euromaid and I haven't been disappointed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got an LG front loader earlier this year and so far it has been really good. Clothes much cleaner even on 30min quick wash and using only half the amount of detergent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks for the feedback everyone. The more machines i look at online the more confused i am getting, and the more reviews i look at the more undecided i am too, the only thing that as become apparent is that most of the washing machine companies have poor service when something breaks down.

I have a list of features i would ideally like and we have a price range we can afford so its off to a few shops today to check out some washing machines in person and see what deals these stores will be willing to do.
    I can see me being very confused by the end of this lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Samsung washer/dryer combo 7.5kg/4kg. It cost a lot but I am in love with my machine ! It can be long on cycle times like most front loaders but it hasn't missed a beat and we love it (well I do anyway!) I did find that our towels came out scratchy on the normal wash but I fixed that by washing them on the wool cycle and only rinsing them once. I also never let ours run on full rpms in an attempt to save it going flat out all the time - I find about 800rpm is enough to get the clothes rinsed like a top loader. 1400 rpm almost sees the clothes come out dry !!

Hope this helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    In Feb this year we bought a Whirlpool 7.5kg front loader.

A week later the nib on the door broke so we couldn't open it.

It remains unfixed to this day. The retailer refused to help us as we live in a neighbouring town with the same franchise (but they weren't having the same sale as the one we bought it through). The franchise in our town refused to help us because obviously we didn't buy it through them.

Whirlpool themselves have been slack- they gave us the contact details of a repairman who we contacted, he did a house call, said he'd order in the parts and we never heard from him again. We tried to contact him to no avail, and we eventually found out through the grape vine he'd closed doors. (Screams dodgy to me!)

Dodgy repairman did say though it's a common fault with whirlpool front loaders- the nib USED to be plastic, but it wore out too quickly, so they changed it to metal but kept the surrounds around it plastic, and the release part plastic. The release is what broke on ours- apparently now the metal nib is too strong for the plastic release. Can't win.

We just lever our door open with a knife now, but I'm still not happy. Brand new machine and no one wanted to help us out.

So- although the functionality of the machine is the best I've ever had, I'd steer clear of Whirlpool because if something stuffs up the won't trip over themselves to help you out. (And don't buy from Retravision, either!)
    Agree with how crap whirlpool products are ... The dishwasher we bought 2 years ago is total rubbish!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    We have a fisher paykel 7.5kg top loader bought it 10 years ago and I have never had an issue with it (and we have moved house with it 5 times). My mum had the version before mine and it lasted 12 years (serviced a family of 6-8 in that time) and she has recently bought the latest one which doesn't have the agitator design anymore and it is very very quiet, she loves it
    I started seeing my partner 9 yrs ago he had this machine .. We still have it .. No issues at all!!
    Last edited by Maybelline; 13-10-2012 at 08:20.