+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Natural birth with no drugs

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing as me.
    As soon as I tell people im going to a birth centre and no drugs available (unless you transfer to high risk)
    Ive found people try and tell you stories to scare you because youve opted for no drugs.

wondered if this is a common thing people do...??.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah it is a common thing people do. I don't know why. I had a completely natural birth with DD and when I tell people this they also feel the need to belittle my experience or something... I don't know why people do this, it baffles me... My biggest annoyance is people who tell me I am lucky... I worked so hard for my natural birth and went through so much bull**** with the hospital...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. Im originally from England and its very midwifed based over there. So my mum had 3 natural active births and really believes women have the ability to do it. Shes inspired me. I really wanted to make sure I went through midwives who would advocate a natural birth so chose to go public so I wouldnt HAVE to have an obsetrician and already people gasp in shock when I tell them im not having an OB.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to march2013 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, women just love to scare the sh!t out of you for some bizarre reason.

I home birthed my first and got endless horror stories of how they "would have died if it hadn't been for the hospital". Pfffft. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant, am home birthing for a second time and am still getting ridiculous horror stories. I put it down to people's fears/insecurities. My neighbour kept telling me "you won't be able to do it." God I was laughing when I had the most perfect delivery imaginable. Hopefully you will be too . The best of luck to you, you've made a wonderful decision and don't let anyone try to scare you out of it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, Youve made me feel a LOT better! I would have loved a home birth but I couldnt handle peoples opinions. If we have a second Ill have a home birth but just wont tell anyone thats what I'm doing. seems unfair but sometimes its noones elses business!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I got this a lot with my first... And the comment "no need to be a hero, why would you bother when drugs are clearly there for a reason" :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    people forget that people gave birth hundreds of years ago without any intervention at all.
    I cant believe you got that comment *fullofhope* thats a horrible thing to say!

Ive already had "just let them drug u up" frustates me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I plan to homebirth. Lots of people try to patronise me by saying that once I'm in labour ill cave and beg to transfer to hospital.

I think some people worry that me having a drug free birth at home will mean that I think I'm better than they are or some crap. Really, I don't care what they do with their vagina and it has little to do with my decision to have my baby at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello I had 3 natural no drug births at a birthing centre, best thing I ever did being completely aware if every step. Its a completely natural thing giving birth and yes it hurts but it is oh so much more rewarding and I'm glad I was able to completely experience it 3 times. Good luck with everything you will do fine don't listen to what other people say women have been doing this for thousands of years its natural for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before I had DD1, I had a woman at work tell me to ask for an epidural as soon as I got to the hospital. When I told her that I wasn't planning on having an epidural or any other drugs, she looked at me as if I was insane!

To me, giving birth is the most natural thing a woman can do, and have been doing for many, many years.