+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cancelled ivf cycle

Hi. I started my first cycle about 2 weeks ago and after 5 doses of puregon for 5 days I had an ultrasound which showed one small egg and no follicles. I was phoned that day and told to stop all drugs for this cycle and to wait for the next cycle. The nurse phoned me but I really wanted to talk to my gynae however he didn't phone me back. I have decided in the last week to change clinics for a number of reasons. The main one being that I felt that I wasn't being managed very well. After phoning the clinic and telling them today that I was going to another another clinic i started spot bleeding and experienced pain in my lower right abdominal region. I phoned the clinics after hours number and spoke to the nurse and she informed my dr who said that he would see me tomorrow if I would agree to continue ivf with him. Couldn't believe it! I went to kemh instead and they took bloods and a urine sample to see if I was pregnant. I wasn't and didn't expect to be. They sent me home and told me to take pain relief and to come back if I started bleeding a lot. Has anyone bled after taking puregon and ceasing it? Has anyone been cancelled after 5 days of an ivf cycle? I feel really worried and until I start at the new clinic next week I have no gynae looking after me. Does anyone have any advise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi hun, sorry i can't offer any advise for your situation.

I just did my first cycle last mth and mine got cancelled for the opposite reason to yours and do know how you feel when these things happen that are not covered in the brochures and what your've been told by your FS/nurses! It can be nerve wreaking and you think no one is listening but hopefully you have an answer soon.

Hang in there and goodluck next cycle!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

bronwynvanessa  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey im sorry to hear about your cycle. You must be devestated How did you find KEMH? I had to see them last year and they were brilliant. I hope you are feeling better soon.

They tried to blackmail you into staying at the clinic!! Talk about manipulation. Would you mind me asking which clinic/doc?

We are in our first cycle of ivf and was told yesterday that I am not responding as they would like me to. I had to ring our clinic to get the results as the nurse "hadnt gotten around to calling" us. We had been treated previously at HFC and loved them, at this stage im not to sure about our choice to move to FSWA.

My thoughts are with you hun, take care of yourself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RangersRgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    First I just want to send you big hugs
    I understand completely what your going through. I had 4 cancelled cycles before they got my doses right and now I'm booked in for a c-section next week.
    I wasn't on Puregon, but having a cycle cancelled is gut wrenching, especially when your so reved up to go. You clinic should be there for support, not blackmail. I would probably be looking into changing clinics. I loved my nurses and my F/S. My nurses cried with me when my cycles were cancelled, we're they happy when things were finally on tract and were just as excited when we got our BFP. They were there when I had questions, and no question was too stupid. To me, that's how your doctors and nurses should be.

Good luck with everything. Remember, it can be a long process and you need to be able to trust your clinic and have a relationship with them.

PM me if you need to talk.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear and Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone. Thanks for the support. The clinic I was going to was concept fertility centre. I started with dr mazzuchelli who then retired who handed me over to dr Thompson. I didn't like either of them. I am moving to pivet and have my first appointment with dr sillender next wed. Hopefully will have better luck there. I found kemh good. The midwives there were helpful. Good luck everyone with your cycles and births.