+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Siblings and school uniforms

Does anyone have same sex siblings both at school? How do you tell their uniforms apart? I have my second boy starting at school next year.

Shirts/pants etc I guess I can put those iron on labels again, though I've put them on the other kids' uniforms and they don't stay on for that long? And I can't always tell the difference in sizes because the uniforms look so similar in size, and the size label has worn off.

But my worry will be socks! I'll have so many grey socks, but in slightly different sizes.
    Afew months ago I accidently bought DS2 the same pack of casual ankle socks as I had already bought DS1, and it's been a nightmare!

Anyone have any clever ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably a ver silly idea but something along the line of colour coding each Childs clothing.. Maybe permanent marker in red, green black, mark a spot in an area like the tag. Give each child their own colour. ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mumofgremlins For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My girls share. The 3 year old doesn't seem to care if her socks are slightly too big and the 7 year old doesn't care that her sister wears her socks, so I haven't worried about it when they have the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the iron on labels from bright star kids. They haven't come off yet. I even do the socks and just iron on the labels so that they are under the foot when worn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could do a small X stitch in coloured cotton for each child? Then it won't rub off. You could put it on the inside seam somewhere not noticeable and the top/toe of sock depending if seen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a girl and boy at school and they share shirts and socks and the bottoms are fairly obvious. They're fine with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My girls share a lot of their school clothes - if they are the same size then it doesn't matter - I just put 1/2 the socks in one girls cupboard an the other 1/2 in the other girls cupboard. Same with singlets and their white school shirts.

Summer uniforms they are only one size apart and I can tell which is bigger - but have the iron on labels anyway. Short and sports uniform they are both wearing the same size this year and they just share. Not sure they even actually realise as they happily wear what is in their cupboard!

DD1 is small for her age and DD2 is tall. They do have their own jumper and rugby tops as these are named with the iron on labels - tend to make sure that clothing that is going to be taking off at school, like jumpers etc, has their own name on it.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    the stiching idea is great. as hen your eldest passes on to the younger you can un stich his colour & put in the others. my mum did this for 3 girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the ideas!

I can't have them sharing though, I'm way too OCD about their clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by Yolandac31 View Post
    You could do a small X stitch in coloured cotton for each child? Then it won't rub off. You could put it on the inside seam somewhere not noticeable and the top/toe of sock depending if seen.
    Love this idea!! I'll be doing that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mum2twinboys View Post
    I use the iron on labels from bright star kids. They haven't come off yet. I even do the socks and just iron on the labels so that they are under the foot when worn.
    I have one of those label writer things, Brother I think it is. And most of the labels come off after a while. Very annoying. I should have just gotten some of those labels you order, I've heard they're very good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All iron on labels come off at some stage. If you want to label the clothes, buy cloth labels and sew them on. They will stay on forever.