+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Working Mamas Group

Hi Ladies I wanted to share a group dedicated to working mothers.

The Working Mamas is a dedicated to Mamas returning to work / joining & re-joining the workforce or starting and/or running a business from home. For me going back to work there were new responsibilities of being a Mother on top of my existing job – how overwhelming. I struggled with the fact how do I get my baby into a routine for work, managing sleep deprivation, how do I choose the right day care, what do I when my baby is not well and just how to manage the blues of being without her for 11 hours. It definitely been an experience and an ongoing *experience* that I feel passionate about and would like to share.

There will be weekly updates and useful information from Vlogs, looking for work, family assistance, starting a business, how to juggle work and life being a mother amongst other things.

We would love to meet new members to share experiences and information with.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/391871510885934/
    TTFN Alufolie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in!

I started work again part time about 2 months ago. DS is 9 months this week.

My biggest worries each night before I have to work are - is DS going to sleep through or be up several times a night? and when he's sick - what do I do?

It feels like a shot of adrenalin going through my heart when I hear him wake on a work night

thanks for this thread - great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry just realised - is this group only on facebook?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just sent a request to join!

I went back to work when my DS was 4.5 months old as I was the bigger earner and it allowed my DH to look after our son in the day whilst he is still able to work casually nights/weekends.

It works well for us, doesn't mean it's not hard sometimes and that I don't wish I could do more 'mummy' type activities with DS.

But working full time means I don't take any precious moments with my DS for granted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, nice to meet you

I’m Annie btw - and I administrate the page. I mostly lurk in BH and haven't posted much these days - but I used to participate in my January 2012 due date group.
    Yup Babyla it is a FB page. (a sidenote: I hope the link doesn’t get deleted) But down the bottom of the page there is a blue link you can click to go the page.

There is a small mixture of BubHub ladies & Essential Baby members already in the group that are working mothers or would like to go back to work. Cheeriliee I agree wholeheartedly with & I also went back to work when DD was 4.5 months this year! I make every minute count definitely no moments with her go unwasted too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would love to join. Have an 18 month old and work full time. I can't follow the link tho?? It says I don't have permission or it is not available?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Working Mamas Group

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I would love to join. Have an 18 month old and work full time. I can't follow the link tho?? It says I don't have permission or it is not available?
    Me too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's a Facebook page now, not a group as such.

Just do a search on Working Mamas and you should find it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Found one and requested to join. It was a group, not sure if it s this be though?!?
    Last edited by Addison; 25-10-2012 at 15:03.