Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    But John Howard was referred to as John or even "little johnny" Kevin Rudd was referred to as Kevin. I also saw reference to John Howard as "the *******"
    I remember Howard being referred to as "little Johnny" but it was always done during 'light' political discussions (eg, like something you'd hear on "The Project"), never by a news reporter or in print as part of what the government were doing. I never heard of Rudd being referred to as Kevin (although he did take some stick about his name) but he did get the K-Rudd but that was popularised by his own election campaign.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aah yes, how did I forget KRudd - effect of calling a person poo.

Jeepers, how low do these people go who are running our country?

To be honest, whilst I take a strong interest in politics, I do find reading a lot of articles and watching shows which allow the bullying type of tactics (eg. encouraging the name calling) very hard to stomach and cringeworthy.

But, where to find a balanced view?

*taps fingers* whilst listening to crickets....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    None of it is okay, what I'm saying is that I think we forget that previous leaders have been vilified (doesn't make any of it okay), but a lot of the vilification is not sexist, just bullying which is never okay regardless of whether a man or woman.
    I agree, not all criticising and vilification is sexism. but with Abbott it is. His comments aren't just slightly sexist where they could be misconstrued. Every time he opens his mouth I'm just did he SAY that? Even my husband says he's a complete sexist pig.

I couldn't stand Howard, but at least he had some real ideas and acted like an adult most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure what I have missed.
    What exactly has Abbott done to be labelled sexist and a misogynist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Did you watch the link Father? she lists direct quotes from Abbott...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Did you watch the link Father? she lists direct quotes from Abbott...
    Haven't watched it all, I've just heard snippets of the speech.
    What has he actually said that demonstrates that he is a misogynist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    But the problem isn't just what is spoken, name-calling etc. The problem is much bigger than that. It's who TA is, what he stands for, his attitude and the existence of the boys club in his party in this day and age. Even if he stops saying the wrong things, gets all the guidance in the world about what not to say, the fact remains he is still the same person underneath.

Such old-fashioned and backward thought processes should render a candidate unqualified for a job in politics.

TBH I think Julie Bishop is also incapable of the job. She's a puppet, not a leader.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    But the problem isn't just what is spoken, name-calling etc. The problem is much bigger than that. It's who TA is, what he stands for, his attitude and the existence of the boys club in his party in this day and age. Even if he stops saying the wrong things, gets all the guidance in the world about what not to say, the fact remains he is still the same person underneath.

Such old-fashioned and backward thought processes should render a candidate unqualified for a job in politics.

TBH I think Julie Bishop is also incapable of the job. She's a puppet, not a leader.
    Completely agree with everything you've said He may learn to shut his mouth, but he'll always be a misogynist. Can stand JB either.

father - among lots of things he has said women aren't physiologically equipped to lead and have positions of power and that he was fine with that i.e. women not holding power

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    But the problem isn't just what is spoken, name-calling etc. The problem is much bigger than that. It's who TA is, what he stands for, his attitude and the existence of the boys club in his party in this day and age.
    So has he actually demonstrated any misogyny? If so, how?
    What boys club? The one with Bishop as deputy and his female COS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Not sure what I have missed.
    What exactly has Abbott done to be labelled sexist and a misogynist?
    Um, Have you been hiding under a rock these last couple of years??

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast