Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    She cops a lot of gender based flack and its time that stopped. Its not funny and its not clever.
    Can you give me an example of 'gender based flack' that has been inflicted upon her by Abbott?
    Was it when he looked at his watch? Or called her 'she'?

I would suggest that the reason she is 'copping flack' is because she is the worst Prime Minister that this country has ever had. But that is just my opinion. And no, it is not because she is a woman. It is because she is incompetent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

adz  (12-10-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I don't think you need to joke about it like you are. This subject is still a little sensitive with me. I know what you mean with the accessibility and financial side. But I don't think it is a bad thing to make it a little harder to achieve. It at least makes you think long and hard about the decision.
    Who's joking? There's nothing funny about abortion. Why should it be harder to secure a safe abortion? Don't you think the woman is in enough grief as it is or do you feel she should have to endure further pain and trauma by having to 'fight' for an abortion?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Can you give me an example of 'gender based flack' that has been inflicted upon her by Abbott?
    How about when he suggested she should get married to make herself an 'honest woman'. Or how about when he stood beside the placards that said "ditch the witch" and didn't condemn such vile sexism.

I would suggest that the reason she is 'copping flack' is because she is the worst Prime Minister that this country has ever had. But that is just my opinion. And no, it is not because she is a woman. It is because she is incompetent.
    How is she incompetent? Facts, figures and dates please.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (11-10-2012),meatpopsicle  (12-10-2012)

cmd'smum is offline Administrator
    I'm coming to get you Linda... ribbbit
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    the fact that the PM would have a cause to bring an action under Sex Discrimination Acts says it all for me. If she feels she has been discriminated against or harassed on the basis of her gender whilst in employment, then that is enough to warrant a claim under the above mentioned Act.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmd'smum For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),Izy  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    How is she incompetent? Facts, figures and dates please.
    I might start a thread on it tomorrow if you like. I will get some great pleasure providing all the facts and figures (of the waste especially). What will make it more interesting is how close all the dates are together.
    I'm excited Hope you will participate.

Anyway. I'm off to bed to watch a movie with my wife. Enjoy your Abbott bashing girls.....I mean ladies......I mean....????

Goodnight.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-10-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It at least makes you think long and hard about the decision.
    This implies that women take the decision lightly which is quite offensive to me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),headoverfeet  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Give me Tony Abbott over Julia Gillard any day. I don't find TA offensive and have found nothing he says offensive. I don't necessarily think he is the ideal head of the party, but only because he is a bit rough around the edges and does tend to speak before thinking.
    Tbh I don't care which gender is running the country as long a they do a better job than what's there now.
    Btw, I am a female.
    I could not agree more!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I am so perplexed as to why everyone is up in arms about this now. This is old news and has been around since 2006.

The thing for me about this is that I wasn't aware it was about the changing of the grandparenting payments (I'm now assuming this is what it was due to the fact that you've stated it's been around since 2006), because whatever legislation was put forward in parliament on that day was overshadowed by the Gillard, Abbott interaction.

What was discussed that may have been relevant to the "general population" wasn't heard or reported upon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might start a thread on it tomorrow if you like. I will get some great pleasure providing all the facts and figures (of the waste especially). What will make it more interesting is how close all the dates are together.
    I'm excited Hope you will participate.

Anyway. I'm off to bed to watch a movie with my wife. Enjoy your Abbott bashing girls.....I mean ladies......I mean....????

Goodnight.
    I have been a member for only a few weeks and have found a handful of people plain rude and offensive, you're one of them.
    Lucky I like debate and prove people wrong or I would have removed my account from day 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may well be right. But I do find it offensive to unjustifiably label someone a misogynist.

I have now watch the entire speech.
    It was quite well delivered, but I think it was wrong of her to support the Speaker with his more obvious sexism. It cried of hypocrisy and double standards. I think it showed a lack of judgement. This was made even more clear by Slipper himself agreeing with Abbott's arguments and standing himself down. Well delivered. But she got it wrong. Very wrong.
    Gillard never defended Slipper, she attacked Abbott for his hypocrisy. Abbott gave her an open window to address the vile sexist things he has said/done and I'm glad she did.

This was a declaration that ones gender shouldn't be taken into consideration when assessing ones ability. It's a clear outline of why any person who considers all genders equal should never vote for the Liberals while they promote and condone this vile behaviour from any members of their party, especially their leader.

I'm not a Labour supporter, I'm not even a voter, but sexism in parliament is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated.

I'm pleased Slipper has stepped down, I'm even more pleased Abbott left himself wide open to Gillard's rebuttle.

ETA: I'm sure Gillard got back to her office and did a happy dance of glee afterwards too. I know I would've.
    Last edited by BlissedOut; 11-10-2012 at 23:20.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Shout It Out  (11-10-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (11-10-2012)