Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    He did still lie about risks and allowed his personal view impact on a medical decision rather than allowing ethics boards that are much better qualified to make the decision.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

cmd'smum  (11-10-2012),misskittyfantastico  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And before anyone throws any accusations around...To clarify... I am a woman.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-10-2012),Izy  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Tony Abbott vetoed ru486. He told lies about its risks, because he thinks women shouldn't have control over their own bodies.
    He is against abortion. He is not against women's 'control of their bodies'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    He is against abortion. .
    Then he doesn't have to have one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    He is against abortion. He is not against women's 'control of their bodies'.
    But to be anti-abortion you are denying women the right to control over their bodies. It's as simple as that. If abortion is illegal then women do not have control over their bodies. Dress it up and call it want you want but that's what it comes down to. I'm not trying to make any person who is anti-abortion reconsider their position, just admit that denying a woman an abortion is denying the woman the right to control her own body.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Then he doesn't have to have one.
    And you don't need ru486 to have one either.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think anyone here has provided evidence that Abbot is a misogynist (hates women). There's been plenty of evidence that he's said some things that women don't like...that he thinks women have a limited role in this world.
    So, you mean he does not acknowledge the capacity of women and respect their innate abilities. I see such disrespect as akin to hatred.
    Plenty of Americans are realllllly traditional and crazy conservative like Abbot. This includes both Men and Women. Just check out Polygamy and Amish sects. The women involved have very old fashioned and traditional views of women's roles, does that mean they are mysoginist and hate themselves?
    Until they are jockeying to be in a position to make policy that impacts me and my daughter, I have to acknowledge that that is how they feel, and hope for their sake that they are not in a position that limits their rights. I do not feel that it is right.

Why has Abbot said these things? Is it because he hates women? Or could there be another explanation? Perhaps he was brought up in a very religious and conservative household. His views have been formed by his environment rather than a hatred for women.
    Just because he was brought up in a house that believes women should have a lower status in society (for the sake of this argument), doesn't make it right and doesn't mean that it is appropriate to use those views to take away other peoples rights or status. He is an educated man, he is capable of challenging and transcending long held beliefs.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),cmd'smum  (11-10-2012),Izy  (11-10-2012),misskittyfantastico  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, I can do it in a back shed with a coat hanger, like all the norty girls before me.
    Last edited by Izy; 11-10-2012 at 21:25. Reason: personally attacking

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (11-10-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No this is true but you do need access to suitable facilities, finance, etc. You also need to undergo an invasive and expensive procedure that may also leave you traumatized. Otherwise I suppose you could go the coat hanger route or the bottle of gin and hot bath. There's also the fierce punch to the stomach or being pushed down some stairs (For those that don't have access to a safe abortion or the money to fund it.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I have come accross old fashioned men in the workplace and society and the best way to deal with them is stand your ground, be confident, know your stuff, not back down and occasionally tell them to pi$$ off if needed. Whining and moaning that they hate you because your a woman just looks weak.
    Thanks VicPark.

I agree. I don't think that Julia whining in parliament has done anything good for the feminism movement. I have heard many women, at home, at work, and on talkback radio that have said this exact thing.
    She is being criticised only because of her poor performance as a Prime Minister. Her gender has absolutely nothing to do with it. For her to claim that it does belittles other capable women.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-10-2012),sweetpeamummy  (11-10-2012),VicPark  (12-10-2012)