Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Having an opinion is one thing, using that opinion, and your position of power to limit the choices of another person is entirely different.

Yes, he has a wife and daughters, but there are plenty of men with wives and daughters who regard them as possessions, consider them to be inferior or less capable, put them on a pedestal as their good little virgins or...whatever. Just being married and having offspring of a certain gender only means that 2 x chromosomes got together.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

meatpopsicle  (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    He might 'believe' in them but he doesn't demonstrate this belief through his thoughts and opinions.
    So now you know his thoughts?

Of course he is entitled to have a anti-abortion opinion, that is not the issues. However, to call abortion an easy way out and a matter of convenience for the woman demonstrates absolutely no idea what a woman could possibly be thinking at such a point in her life. It also further demonstrates his arrogance as he thinks he does know how a woman would feel in one of the most difficult and desperate times of her life, making a decision that he will NEVER have to make.
    That is his view. I'm sure there are women that have exactly the same view. I used to be similar until recently where we were confronted with a decision to make. It is not an easy decision.
    Why won't he ever have to make that decision? Is a man or husband not entitled to any input? Because I had a great deal of input in the decision that we make. I think it is a sexist view that a man cannot contribute in this decision making.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Having an opinion is one thing, using that opinion, and your position of power to limit the choices of another person is entirely different.
    Do you think that he wielded complete power over the cabinet whilst he was Health Minister? If that is the case, I guess he is a superb leader to be able to lead from behind. It was a government decision. We don't live in a dictatorship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, I forgot. You also know better than 99% of the scientists in the world too. Tell me again what your scientific credentials are?
    I will if you can show me the study that says 99% of scientists think that its not. Once you find it, I'll be happy to go through the methodology of that survey with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Give me Tony Abbott over Julia Gillard any day. I don't find TA offensive and have found nothing he says offensive. I don't necessarily think he is the ideal head of the party, but only because he is a bit rough around the edges and does tend to speak before thinking.
    Tbh I don't care which gender is running the country as long a they do a better job than what's there now.
    Btw, I am a female.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I guess you are not alone in your issue with men. Just because others think the same, does not make it right.
    Perhaps your refusal to see the actions and words of Tony Abbott as misogynistic or even remotely sexist speak of your issues with women.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),Gandalf  (11-10-2012),Izy  (11-10-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Tony Abbott vetoed ru486. He told lies about its risks, because he thinks women shouldn't have control over their own bodies.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),Gandalf  (11-10-2012),Izy  (11-10-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (11-10-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    When even Alan jones is distancing himself from ta it makes me laugh.

Father- You seem to be asking the same questions after being given answers.

Ta has said many things that promote the hatred of women. Inciting the discrimination of women by using a position of power is disgusting at least. By minimising the potential of women he is minimising the worth of the entire sex. You can defend him all you like, but it simply sounds like the minion that stands up for the school bully.

Just because you're not the victim and the comments undermine confidence in a subtle way, it doesn't mean damage is not being done.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-10-2012),Gandalf  (11-10-2012),meatpopsicle  (12-10-2012),misskittyfantastico  (11-10-2012),MissMuppet  (11-10-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (11-10-2012),Witwicky  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Not wanting to agree with father..

But I do.

I don't think anyone here has provided evidence that Abbot is a misogynist (hates women). There's been plenty of evidence that he's said some things that women don't like...that he thinks women have a limited role in this world.

However I don't think they have been considered in full context.

Why has Abbot said these things? Is it because he hates women? Or could there be another explanation? Perhaps he was brought up in a very religious and conservative household. His views have been formed by his environment rather than a hatred for women.

Plenty of Americans are realllllly traditional and crazy conservative like Abbot. This includes both Men and Women. Just check out Polygamy and Amish sects. The women involved have very old fashioned and traditional views of women's roles, does that mean they are mysoginist and hate themselves?

I understand what Abbot is trying to say with some of his quotes. I don't think Women will ever have equal representation in the boardroom as we take time out to have kids and when/if we go back to work we put value on spending time with our kids rather than working 12 hour days. That doesn't mean I hate women, it just means I am a realist.
    And I agree with some of his views on abortion. Not because I hate women, because I love babies.

Abbot is an old fashioned bafoon, I don't believe he hates women.

I have come accross old fashioned men in the workplace and society and the best way to deal with them is stand your ground, be confident, know your stuff, not back down and occasionally tell them to pi$$ off if needed. Whining and moaning that they hate you because your a woman just looks weak.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

adz  (12-10-2012),Father  (11-10-2012),FertileMertile  (11-10-2012),Grebbeci  (11-10-2012),sweetpeamummy  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Tony Abbott vetoed ru486. He told lies about its risks, because he thinks women shouldn't have control over their own bodies.
    You sure about that? Could it have been because he thought killing babies was wrong?