+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wink Help with DP birthday party :D

Can anyne help me wiith ideas for my DP party at the begining of November PLEASE

I just got a fire pit that Im doing up (from road side collection lol) so I will be using that as warmth outside.
    I was *thinking* of just ordering pizza for everyone but thats so.... boring lol if anyone has any ideas for food that would be great. Its a dinner thing.
    For dessert, Im going to do a sundae type thing. Three flavours of icecream, with choices of toppings, coke for spiders, that type of thing.

Im going to put up fairy lights, plus the 'outside outside' light for kids to play.

Other than that though, Im lost! It isnt a milestone birthday but its the first party I will have thrown for him so I want it special but not too OTT.

THANK YOU

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumpity bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    What's the age demographic? When does it start and end?

Pizza sounds fine, otherwise a sausage sizzle with onions (if you have a BBQ) or hot beef rolls.

I'd just have lots of drinks, lots of nibbles etc...and hot ones if it's going to be cold. So sausage rolls, mini quiches, cob loaf. Plus dip and crackers, antipasto platters, again it depends on how many and who you're catering for. You can order or make sushi rolls.

Depending on numbers, dessert sounds a bit complicated for me - I'd just do birthday cake and/or ice cream.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's nicer if you make the dinner and not order it - it does not need to be fancy - I've done heaps of easy summer BBQ,s like doing a taco table ( put all taco ingredients out and they make their own tacos) or a kebab one or even hamburgers? Pizza is easy to make at home , try cooking it in the BBQ as you fit more in and it heats quicker!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He will be 27. But children are going to be there too. I like the idea of a taco stand thats pretty awesome...Will need alot thats the only thing as the people coming are big eater and I know just me alone can eat 4... so they will be able to eat ALOT more
    The dessert will be the easy part. No BBQ though, otherwise that would be good.

Any other ideas please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    How many people?
    Could you order a butt of beef from somewhere? At my 21st we had a butt of beef and a side of pork and buns and gravy with salads (potato, and coleslaw)

Depending on numbers, it would probably be more economical.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    How many people?
    Could you order a butt of beef from somewhere? At my 21st we had a butt of beef and a side of pork and buns and gravy with salads (potato, and coleslaw)

Depending on numbers, it would probably be more economical.
    Oh that sounds divine. nom nom nom

Thanks
    Reviews
    A Keg of beer?? Roast beef rolls and good music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    for our housewarming, we had a lamb spit, and stuff to make yiros (or kebabs if that's what you call them) Had a couple of store bought chickens for those who like me don't eat lamb. was really easy

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For New Years once we had 3 different roasts and did them all up and had buns and gravy and sides (same as PP said). It was easy, delicious and filling. Also, if you cant be bothered cooking it yourself or dont have the room, the butcher at the Canning Vale market will sell cooked roasts...DPs sister ordered some for her birthday earlier this year and they were really good!