+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real estate question

When you see real estate advertised for a ranged price, eg $570000-620000 does that mean the vendors want more and that's a price to get people in?
    This property I like was reduced from that price to $570,000 - $600,000 and I think they are having trouble selling. Would I look silly if I offered $550,000 ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A range usually means ( or should legally mean) the vendors would like the higher range but would consider the lower range If that's all they can get

if it's been on the market for awhile and other houses have sold around the $550,000 mark absolutely make the offer , they can only say no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is 550 your best and final offer? If so I would make sure you have the best possible chance of being accepted. Do you have a property to sell? Do you have mortgage pre approval in place? As pp said is this reasonable for the area?

if you can go to the real estate saying we want to buy this house, we are serious and this is why we think this is a reasonable offer you should be in with a good shot. Their real estate can be your best friend, they want to sell the house and get their commission. The easier you can make life for them to sell your offer to the vendor.

sorry rambling. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know what state you are in but I am a real estate agent and my suggestion would be to go for it!!
    Firstly I would be putting that offer in writing - as an agent a verbal offer really has no leg to stand on.
    If you are offering a low price (below asking) than I would suggest you have your finance in order and sign an unconditional contract and offer a settlement time frame that suits the vendors. These things can give you a lot of strength. Please only sign an unconditional contract if you have unconditional loan approval. Good luck