+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We chose afl grand final weekend because its September so the weather is usually fine without being too hot or too cold, its a long weekend which was good for us as we had lots of people coming from interstate (meant they could stay an extra day) and we chose the Sunday so as to avoid the actual Grand Final.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DH proposed in 2002 ... we got married in 2003 ... we were thinking april .. and realised that the first saturday in april was the fifth .. which would make our wedding date 05.04.03 we liked the number pattern (and hubby has NO excuse to forget the date )

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chose ours as it was the closest date we could have before our flights to move from the UK to Adelaide. DH proposed only a couple of months before so I needed as long as possible to organise it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents got married because my mother's visa was about to expire. I think my father's proposal went something like
    "Your visa will expire soon. So, you like it here in Australia? Do you want to stay?"

DP is ex defence, so I've suggested Anzac day. It's a public holiday, nice time of year without being peak wedding season, and all his mates and him will be wearing suits and getting drunk anyway. Plus, he will never forget :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Why did you choose your wedding date?

We opened the calendar and both pointed to 3rd April 2004. Took that as a sign.

We got married 6 mnths aftet DH proposed. We didnt want a long engagement or fuss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chose the date that we first made our relationship 'official' lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Why did you choose your wedding date?

I wanted it at a time when there wasn't much else on around it (birthdays and other holidays) also because we had a destination wedding it needed to be at a time when travel was at a reasonable price and at a nice time of year weather wise.

This didn't matter to us as we used silk but certain flowers are only available at certain times of year e.g. peonys are only available in November

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Why did you choose your wedding date?

We met on 12 august and married on 12 august 3 years later.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Why did you choose your wedding date?

I'm a school teacher, so it had to be school holidays and we knew where we wanted our wedding. They had 2 Saturdays free in school holidays in the next year so we chose the date that my BIL (our photographer) and my best friend's mum (our celebrant) were both free.
    The date was only a few months after we got engaged so we planned everything very quickly but had it just the way we wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We booked our honeymoon first, then went with the first free date for the venue close to that. Turned out to be the first day of Spring and we always get comments on how nice that is but we didn't even realise