+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 153 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nice November 2012 testing thread

Quote Originally Posted by schmetterling18 View Post
    Quick question... in your 2WW do you refrain from soft cheeses, deli meats, etc.? Or do you wait until you get a BFP?
    Hi schmetterling18 i eat or dont eat the same thing whilst trying ti get preg as i do pregnant. I might be over cautious but i just want to be safe and you have to do what feels right for you go with you gut
    Things i dont eat are
    Soft cheeses
    Soft serve
    Deli meat

Trying to think of the others but its the stock standard stuff

Hope that helps :-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quick question... in your 2WW do you refrain from soft cheeses, deli meats, etc.? Or do you wait until you get a BFP?
    I never thought about this, I stopped last month once I got my bfp, but then I don't really eat that stuff anyway. I do eat a lot of eggs so started over cooking them once I got bfp.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Reviews

I eat like normal,
    I do take precautions with cleaning kitty litter etc though

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nice November 2012 testing thread

That is a good question I never thought about it, specially since I love my meat and eggs on the undercooked side but I guess now it was pointed out to me I might start doing it cause of you can get it while pregnant I'm sure you can get it when not!

Things on my end are going alright, cd 14 although my temps are showing me that I might be having a long cycle or not ovulating at all so now just patiently waiting to ovulate now and see what happens! Also dh and I have decided that if it doesn't happen this month we might wait till feb 2013 to start trying again (although no contraception will be used) we need a bit of time to get a bit of our finances straight!

Thanks
    Reviews

I know I love my runny yolk and I have at least 3 eggs a day, not big on cheeses so that's easy, but oli work in a gym and exercise alot so my biggest struggle is I love my protein shakes and adding protein powder to wheatbix and Greek yoghurt and it says on the box not to have if pregnant or breastfeeding. So that sucks big time for me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh yes, I do take precautions with kitty litter and don't take any strong pain meds in the tww (I get migraines).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought as much!! I have been refraining from the 'no go' foods just as a precaution, but wasn't sure if I was being over zealous. Also, I have steered clear of the antihistamines for hayfever (which is killing me!!)

I remember at Uni learning that day 22 of pregnancy is when the neural tube closes, and this is a pivitol point in the formation of the nervous system. Most people don't even know they are pregnant at this point, so I guess it makes sense to be cautious in the early stages.

I guess part of me doesn't want to have the mindframe that I will be pregnant.. almost as a self preservation thing, to stop me being overly disappointed if I am not. I find myself thinking all the time '...well I'm probably still going to be TTC next month' and the like...

Thanks
    Reviews

I just eat what i like - even when pregnant i dont cut out anything. I think you just need to use common sense about eating things you dont know how old it is and making sure what you do eat is fresh. I still ate soft cheese, runny eggs, sushi, ham etc as long as i made it or trusted the source.

Thanks
    Reviews

7dpo *twiddles thumbs*

Migraine starting and don't want to take mersyndol just in case. Off to bed to try sleep it off.

Good luck those that have come over from October but af hasn't arrived yet, here's hoping for you! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a ham sandwich but I think I'll get my husband to clean the kitty litter. I've had cats all my life so most likely already immune to toxoplasmosis so just an excuse really to make my husband do a chore!

Before implantation you're probably even OK to have a drink (not excessive amounts) as the baby isn't connected to your blood******. Probably similar with foods etc. The problem is you can't be sure when implantation occurs so best to avoid. Most of the food advice is based on the fact that you have lowered immunity during pregnancy to stop your body rejecting the foreign tissue (baby) so you are more likely to get sick and some types of food poisoning can lead to miscarriage. This lowered immunity probably doesn't kick in before implantation though (just my educated guess).

I was pretty lax with my son. Ate fresh sushi (not the raw fish type though) and also feta etc (only prepackaged not handled by deli staff at the supermarket). But like Mumsical I was very picky about the source. All dairy sold in Australia is made from pasturised milk so should be safe but it's the mould (brie, camembert, blue) that's the problem. I've had a couple of miscarriages this year (not related to food) so will try and be more careful with #2. I couldn't resist eating raw cake mix (raw eggs) so I guess I probably just shouldn't bake! Fresh raw eggs are unlikely to be contaminated but it's the outside of the shell that can have bits of poop (salmonella) on it and it's very hard to crack an egg without touching the outside. Probably best to wash and dry the outside of any eggs before use especially if you're going to have soft yolk or eat raw in cake mix like me!

I'm 2DPO and already bought some FRER tests. Not sure if I can wait till next Sunday (10DPO) to test. Will be very tempted to test next Friday and/or Saturday. That's only a week away, yay!