+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding bubs to sleep

I happily feed my bubs to sleep at the moment but just wondering mums who did the same at what age your baby started to not need this anymore?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did it until the very last feed my DD had a just before 20 months. She was very happy to be patted to sleep after that. She nor I have suffered any ill effects from it despite what some people would have you believe.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

HCoops  (09-10-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS1 was 1, DS2 was 2.5 and Dd still feeds to sleep @14 mths when she is not in the car/ergo though she has randomly fallen asleep with no boobs maybe a handful of times.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

HCoops  (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stopped ONLY feeding to sleep at 6mths ish. Then i alternate with rocking, patting, walking in the pram and just lying next to them in bed. I still fed my dd1 till 19mths to sleep.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HCoops  (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD1 I was pretty insistent and worried about bad habits so tried to get her to self settle etc. but it took until she was 14 months before she could do this successfully.
    DD2 I fed to sleep from birth and at 12 months she wanted to put herself to sleep.
    DS fed to sleep from birth...wanted to put himself to sleep at 7 months. I was devastated. My last baby and he cut me short on the lovely slweping baby in arms cuddles.
    For DD2 and DS they were also the ages they stopped co-sleeping (their choice).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

HCoops  (09-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear it wasn't a struggle! We are both so much happier/ well rested co-sleeping and feeding to sleep...but I had a little worry I would srart to regret it.