+ Reply to Thread
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What kind of bag does your little one take to 4 year old kinder?

Such a nonsense question, I know, but what does your little one cart to and from kinder?
    Is a standard backpack too big for all those tiny crammed in hooks they have? Do they tend to come home with a lot of 'stuff' to warrant a backpack or would a smaller satchel or library bag do the job.
    Decisions decisions!
    Such a first-world dilemma, I know, but any advice would be welcomed.
    Ah heck, while I'm at it, I wouldn't mind knowing if you find a big lunch box or individual smaller boxes work better for snacks and lunches.
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 4 year old kinder is similar to preschool where im from. Mine just takes a backpack, but its a kids backpack (a licenced marvel comic character gasp!!) So probably a little smaller than a standard adults one.

The hooks do get a bit squishy. He comes home with a couple of bits of artwork a day. Some kids come out with TONS.

For a lunchbox he's got just a normal size one, not really big but big enough to fit a few containers in.

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks winetime!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like how in the morning when they've been dropped off all the bags and jackets are neatly on the hooks. Then when you pick them up in the arvo is like 20 little bag-bombs have exploded. Jackets hanging out of backpacks, random kids artwork shoved in because the kids are too impatient to put it in neatly, bags unzipped and lunchboxes hanging out.

Its cute.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

TimTamsandTea  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Um just any old back pack will be fine but if u want to save money and be able to use it again next year when she starts school then make sure it's a decent size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A backpack but it is a kids one that is smaller than the average backpack but still quite roomy. She has a regular sized lunch box, which fits in a smaller container.
    There is generally heaps of artwork that gets taken home and my DD brings home a library book once a week. So that along with a lunch box, drink bottle and jacket warrants the need for a bag but it doesn't need to be a huge adult sized backpack but i recommended a decent sized one so it can be used beyond kinder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly I spent $5 on a backpack (big size - adult size I think) from Kmart last year. He had a cute little kids backpack but he just didn't fit all his stuff! I fully expected it to last a week and one of the straps did come unstitched after about 6 months, but I restitched it (took 3 minutes) and it's still going strong and he's nearly finished his 2nd year of Kinder.

My ds needs to take lots to Kinder - spare change of clothes (much more bulky in Winter), lunch box (he eats heaps, so this is a reasonable size), drink bottle, raincoat (in Term 2/3) and then there's extras like library bag for library day, show & tell when needed.