+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Turtle Beach Resort QLD also Sea World etc...

Hi,
    I was just wondering if by any chance, anyone has stayed at Turtle Beach Resort, Mermaid Beach QLD.

If so, was it a good place to stay?

I will have three children, aged 4, 6, and 8.

Also, the theme parks like Sea World, Movie World etc... would they be ok for kids that age, or would it be better to wait a few years?
    They are all quite little so I assume even 8 year old would be too little for many fun things.

I never go on holidays but want to go somewhere in December, and am getting stressed with making sure I make a good choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can't answer your hotel question ( we always stay at Hyatt Sactuary Cove) but took 1 year old DS and 7 year old niece this time last year to sea world and they had a ball!!!
    My niece swam with the dolphins and went on all the rides ( except the big roller coasters) she still talks about it! There is heaps to do for toddlers , they have a section with rides for smaller kids, even DS at 1 went on the merry go round and train! Yes he won't remember at 1 but we will and we have loads of great photos! We plan on taking him to Disneyland at 4!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stayed there a couple of years ago and found it great. It is perfect for families, 4 different pool areas, mini golf, tennis courts, play equipment. The grounds are lovely and it's fully fenced so kids can't wander out. We did a day at a theme park then the next day stayed at the resort, it's easy to keep the kids amused without going anywhere.
    I would really recommend it. Look out for deals, they sometimes have vouchers for the on site cafe included.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we stayed there last year when DD was nearly 2. It was great!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice about that hotel sorry, but we've had annual passes to sea world (actually all the theme parks, love them) since DD was 18 months. Heaps to do for kids of all ages. The kids ride section at movie world might suit your kids ages more than sea world (where the kids ride section is great for younger kids) (but sea world has all the awesome animal exhibits etc).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Turtle Beach Resort is great for families.
    Movie World mightn't be the best for the younger two but if you get to go, definitely go. Sea World and Dream World are great. If you go for passes, you probably would get more use getting the World Pass for Dreamworld and Whitewater world.

Also visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary if you get time.