+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby & Kids clothing at Garage Sales..

How much does it sell for these days? Things like bonds onesies and singles? Tees and shorts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much. I had boxes full of beautiful clothes and what sold like hot cakes was the 'three pairs socks for 50c' that I thought no one would even look at and the majority of my beautiful clothes were still there at the end of the day (because I had more on them than just $1 or $2) but I sold them in bulk later on.

If you have next to nothing on them they'll sell...some of my clothes still had tags on them and no one was interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh don't tell me that! Who would buy new when you can get such awesome second hand barely worn stuff!! Silly people.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd probably chuck them all in a huge box and label it 'fill a plastic bag for $2' otherwise I don't think you'll sell anything much if its individually priced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Oh don't tell me that! Who would buy new when you can get such awesome second hand barely worn stuff!! Silly people.
    I know! I had lots of 'you have so many beautiful clothes' comments but really only sold a handful of clothes.
    Sold nearly all the toys though!!! Those things went like hotcakes and we made about $250 and we only had baby stuff to sell (and big things like swings etc. we had sold prior so it was just things like toys and clothes) so it was worth it but be prepared to sell your clothes for super cheap, or not at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

Shout It Out  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You wont sell much as with opshops these days people can buy nice clothes for babies for same price and donate to charity at same time.
    I did not bother selling my sons clothes. Looking on ebay I see people listing over 100 items each separetely with their own photo. I cant be bothered. I just put them in a bag and gave them to opshops. Even the near/brand new items with tags went. I already spent the money buying them, its already a loss. Might as well get charity to make a few dollars out of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, im really surprised by this! I saved money by buying alot of my son's stuff in greet condition at vinnies for like $4...I thought THAT was cheap. If only I'd shopped at Garage Sales all this time... Think of the huge amounts of money I could have saved!

I hate the thought of a $15 superman shirt going for 10cents...that just doesn't seem right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shout It Out View Post
    You wont sell much as with opshops these days people can buy nice clothes for babies for same price and donate to charity at same time.
    I did not bother selling my sons clothes. Looking on ebay I see people listing over 100 items each separetely with their own photo. I cant be bothered. I just put them in a bag and gave them to opshops. Even the near/brand new items with tags went. I already spent the money buying them, its already a loss. Might as well get charity to make a few dollars out of them.
    Yes I have been tempted to donate all 5 years worth of stuff but if I can sell some of it and put that money into my son's back account ill be happy. The rest will absolutely be going to charity or refuges.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Shout It Out  (08-10-2012)