+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

When is everyone planning to have their baby shower? Or what did you for your baby shower?

Did you have it at home or at a cafe/restaurant?

Did you play games, did you like them or were they corny?

I am planning my baby shower for January and I am thinking it might be a good idea to have it somewhere like a restaurant for aircon and comfort... or maybe at home to save on costs.

What do you think?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it depends on your budget..

I had one at home for DS1 it was ok but not really my kind of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm having mine on 19th January and am due on 17th Feb. I couldn't have it any earlier as my sister-in-law is overseas and doesn't get back until that week, and the following weekend is Australia Day and people might be going away then the following Saturday is my sisters bday and that's getting a bit close to my due date anyway.
    Im having it at my mums house as she has a big, nice entertaining area out the back, but enough room inside in the air conditioning if it gets too hot outside. I will get my sisters to arrange a couple of games but mostly it'll just be nice to have everyone around to chat and eat yummy food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive only been to the 'at home' ones. Love organizing/going/cooking for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and also, I think having it at a cafe or restaurant might be nice however you should make it clear to people if u expect them to pay for themselves (if that is what will happen); they might expect that it's all paid for seeing as though baby showers at home are usually fully catered :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll probably have mine early - due in May but I'll probably do it in Feb when two of m besties are visiting from Sydney I've already had a friend offer to do it at her house which is good coz my current house is tiny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was at my mum's and we played games and it was corny as and I loved it!!!

I happily go to baby showers, eat yummy food, celebrate the arrival of the baby and play stupid corny baby related games. I love them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was a surprise baby shower thrown a week before ds was born haha. It was just at a friends house which made it nice and relaxing plus gave us lots of room for prezzies. We played lots of games and they were awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning mine for the 19th of Jan too, (I think) I'm due in March but I have to have a c-section so it will be early March and last pregnancy I went into labour early so I think that's enough time to play it safe, and avoid all the major holidays.

What sort of games did you play?

I agree home would probably be more comfortable, but my place is pretty small and that means I have to clean up before and after too :S Not sure