+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    He usually does 2 poo's a day and I haven't changed anything in his diet. The poo's just have become smaller and are irregular except for the first one in the morning. So very very hard to tell when hes about to do one

As to having him clean up...
    When my son makes a mess with his food on purpose (hes fully capible of eating semi neatly) and we ask him why he did that, he says "Im being naughty' with a big grin on his face.
    So I get him to help me clean up the mess.

So maybe the poo'ing in nappies is that girls way of being naughty too and I can understand why Wastingtime would have her daughter help clean herself up in that case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of the one that found success with the 3 day potty training method it worked for us. We have the odd accident still with wees. He is perfect with doing poos in toilet. We found that he needed his privacy and preferred to be put on the toilet (we started at 22 mths) and left there till he yelled out he was finished.

The key with the 3 day method is to stay positive and no negativity which is the quickest way to success. Had an accident arh well never mind you know next time to always keep your undies dry and tell mummy my boy had no nappies night or day since 22 months. So much money saved. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

Shout It Out  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I seriously dont believe that a child is being naughty by soiling their nappy, in fact what I think they may be trying to say is that I am not ready yet!!
    All kids are different, so give your son time he will be toilet trained in his own time. Funnily enough my ds used to poo on the toilet but wee in a nappy until he was around 3 year old. He started pooing in the toilet at around 2.

DD was a totally different kettle of fish, we did not start toilet training until she was just over 3, she also preferred to poo in her nappy instead of the toilet, I very quickl established her poo routine and just put a nappy on her and she would go in the corner and hide to poo I do not think for 1 second she was being naughty, she simply was just not ready. I still remember on one occassion where she 'accidently' pooed in the toilet while she was doing a wee and seriously the sheer look of terror in her eyes as that poo dropped in the toilet made me realise that she was just really scared. If you really analize it and think about it the feeling must be very different, the position of sitting on the toilet is very different. Please give him time, forcing him to clean himself etc is nothing short of mental abuse - seriously how degrading, he is only 3 and he is only just learning how his body works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I agree, the feeling is different and that is why someone suggested the "cut a hole in the nappy" routine. Yet I find it farfetched.

I will look into the 3 day toilet training. Unfortunately, most of my house is carpet and I only have a courtyard and no garden for him to run naked in

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just waited until he showed interest then took advantage of that interest. He would have been about 3.5 I think. We got him the bambini chair, and a chart. Every wee he got a stamp on the chart, every poo he got two. Every time he filled a row on the chart (10 stamps) he got a treat.

Eventually once he was doing all wees and poos in the toilet the stamp was on his hand as the treat instead of something else. Never looked back! I wasn't up for one of those "stay inside naked for a week" plans. He has never had an accident (never peed his pants, ever), and has never weed on the floor or anything like that. And I think that's because I just waited until he was ready. He instigated it, not me. Makes a big difference!

I agree with keeping it positive. I never scolded, only praised.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leens For This Useful Post:

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op I wouldn't stress too much just yet. I can understand it must be upsetting that he is being called names at daycare, thats horrible, but it may just be that he isn't ready just yet.

I TT both of mine the same way. I made sure we didn't have much on for about 4-5 days straight so we could stay at home and get used to the toilet. I would leave them nappy free and if I found they were wetting themselves more than successfully using the toilet we just went back to nappies and gave it a week or two before we tried again. I never pushed it with either of them, I didn't want to scare them or turn them off using the toilet. I also never told them they were naughty if they had an accident or made them clean themselves up etc because they were learning and I wanted it to be a positive thing for them, not a stressful time.

DD was constipated for 3 days when we first TT because she wouldn't poo on the toilet but also didn't want a nappy back on to do a poo in. It was horrible but we went to the docs and got a mild laxative and that helped move her that afternoon and she hasn't had a problem since...

I would just continue to try with your son but I wouldn't try and force it too much, he could end up being hesitant to use the toilet at all. Its not abnormal that he isn't TT yet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I just want to say you are not alone!!! My 3yo Boy also will not poo on the loo. I am just as frustrated and willing to try anything. Unfortunately I work full time so do not have time with him during the day. Some-one told me maybe he does not feel the urge to poo, so to try him on pear juice once a day to keep him regular and maybe then once he has a regular time for his bowel motion encourage him to go on the loo. I will try that as of this week, but any other suggestions will be welcome as I do not want him to be in prep and still be in nappies!!!
    We ask him if he wants to do poos, and he says no, then not even 5 minutes later he has done a poo in his pants. Sometimes I am not sure if this is a behaviour thing or not!!!!
    Anyone out there with ideas please let me know!
    Thanks