+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For first time TTC: Under 25

Thanks mrsr - hard to OPK twice a day as I would be at work - might just keep doing what I am doing - if nothing after December then I will get a blood test to confirm that I have o'd

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: For first time TTC: Under 25

Quote Originally Posted by MrsR2012 View Post
    Smash- are u opking twice a day? If so. Then you could be an unlucky one that opks don't work on... Or you could be doing it at the wrong time of day?

They say don't opk with first of the day wee. Test between 8-10am and hold off fluids for approx 1hr prior. Then again between 2-6pm. I got my best results at 6pm.

I test twice a day and literally only get a positive (strong pos but only positive anything... I don't get faint lines) for 12hrs so one test. If you aren't testing twice a day... I'd be starting to.

There are also unfortunate ladies that opks simply don't work on. As there are also ladies that Temping doesn't work for. Cm charting is also hard for some. I know the date I o'd by blood test and opk yet got not a speck of ewcm... Yet I got utd. If I was ewcm charting only, I would have missed it!!!

Keep trying. Your wee could have been to diluted?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Just wondering I've been using opks and started day 12 as I was getting some discharge (my cycles have been between 31-54days) I got a positive then and then every day since then I've been getting positives but I've only been testing mid morning and a couple in the arvo and a few at night and they're still positive .. is this similar to what you had?? It's driving me bonkers lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Smash - I know it might be inconvenient but surely you go to the toilet at work? I work in a 24hr 7 day a week security job and sometimes with men that can watch me take things into the toilet with me (and still need to be listening for the phones and run out pulling my pants up to pick up the phone).... Without being nasty... If it's important you'll find a way. Get crafty with your hiding skills for a pee stick and cup. It shouldn't take more than 1-2 mins for a test to appear. Or unfortunately you will need to accept you might miss your o day and just dtd often

Aqauris- sounds like to me that opks don't work for u. That isn't what happened to me. My opk only shows a 2nd line (even a faint one) on one test and one only. Mine was neg in the morning. Strong pos that night. Neg in the morning again. If I didn't test twice a day I would have totally missed it.

Do you have pcos? Some pcos sufferers report a constant pos opk. But it could be as simple as they don't work for u. Try Temping, symptom charting, cm charting, if all else fails blood tests will show an active follicle in the making (o is coming). Mine showed 7 days early that my follicle was getting ready

Let me know if u have any other questions. Happy to help. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your advice

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    As our work toilets are right at reception and everyone walks past them etc I will get too stressed about it (20 ladies - theres always a line for ONE toilet) I don't want to put that stress on myself so I guess I will just keep the relaxed approached.

I just started temping the week before AF arrived last month so I am watching my temp closely - I hope it doesn't rise before Saturday as DH is away until then currently CD 14 - so we shall see how temping goes I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like a plan smash. Good luck.

Me personally. I couldn't temp or cm chart as when I got utd I didn't have a spot of ewcm in sight... I had no choice but to rely on opks. My job is at my Beck and call. I jump when the phone rings or computer beeps... Mid pee or not. I'm also the only female in a male office and the toilet is literally within 3m of the office. The boys can hear everything.

Still. Some how... No one knows of my ttc etc thank god. Cause I've only been at my job for 3 months and I'm already utd. Oops

Thanks
    Reviews

Have to admit I'm beginning to get a little disheartened at ttc. This is cycle 6 now, Im due for AF next Thurs and have been getting a few could be sympoms but I think that every month so Im already assuming nothing is happening. Not really sure if dh & i should take a break from ttc for a bit, perhaps its just not the right time no matter how much we would like.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi there, originally this topic was made by jorjarenee (my bestfriend) who is now 6 weeks pregnant and said I could try out BubHub using her account for a bit..
    About me: my name's Mackenzie, I'm 19 from Victoria. I stopped the bcp 1 month ago, got AF that day, had a 3 day withdrawal bleed mid cycle and have just got my real AF back tonight, smack bang 28 day cycle! Thank god!
    I plan to ttc this month..

Any success with you girls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mackenzie welcome just remember that it can six months for your cycle to become "normal" one girls I talk to had her withdrawal bleed then AF but never got AF for 5 months after that. Sorry is I scared you abit. Anyway I'm Nadia 21 been trying since I was 19 I have lost 5 babies (1 set of twins) it has been 17-18 months (I had 2 cycles in one month)

Thanks
    Reviews

finished AF today so here's hoping for a quick journey for me, should be O'ing between 9-10th (thank god for my perfect 28 day cycles)
    thanks for the help