+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what you mean! I have done it too. I was told to only walk as anything more was too masculine & strenuous, so I gave away running & combat classes and like blonde assassin have gained approx 7kgs. I am back to gym classes and running again and feel it has given me a new lease on life. My approach is to live life and not let TTC consume me. Much easier said than done! I agree that I have made changes to be financially, emotionally & physically ready and never imagined my body would hold me back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dealing with "the rest of life" when TTC

We are just walking into this question too. I was concerned that my family might view our TTC as selfish knowing full well I am to be a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding in 10months. Being overdue or just given birth isn't exactly the best position for a bridesmaid on a hot October day at a wedding.

But- It may not happen this month or next or the month after.. So I am hoping my family will appreciate that we will be there everyday before and after wedding for all the birthdays, Xmas, anniversaries etc and that one day doesn't change our love for them. I really don't know if it will even be a problem but I am not comfortable postponing my dreams of bub #2.. It could be a long journey anyway. I don't want to look back and regret not starting ASAP.

We will just have to cross that bridge when it happens I guess. And hope that my SIL understands and is all too happy for us to care about having a hugely preggo woman in her wedding pictures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it MadeWithLove - you just have to do what is right for YOU! xx

Hit the 6 month milestone. My biggest hassle is that my day job is going to become a lot busier next year, which, combined with running a small business, means I won't have as much time for recreational stuff. I can't find myself getting excited about my hobbies because I am tired all the time with work. When I have weekends free, I just want to do nothing! The motivation and ambition to do things is waning.

I have already made a decision that after this financial year, if we are still not pg, that I will see if I can opt to go part time with work. I want my sanity back! There just seems to be nothing to look forward to at the moment. I find that even with planned holidays, I look forward to them and then start counting down until the next holidays. It is no way to live.

Maybe I am seeing things through rose-coloured glasses, but it would be so nice to take paid time away from the workforce for nearly 12 months, have the opportunity to further my business AND have a little one to cherish. I have plenty of local family support and ticks in all the boxes...just wish it would hurry up and happen for us!

OH and I have had tests done. Everything came back pretty good. Only thing I am not sure about, is that OH's swimmers had slightly below the normal range of morphology. My GP didn't think it was too much of a problem, but of course I googled and freaked out, because from what I have read, it would seem it could take us considerably longer trying naturally than the average couple - and could lead to IVF/ICSI. The only thing I don't really know, is the status of my tubes...but that is something to be investigated once we get to the magic 12 month mark.

In the interest of trying different things and not putting life on hold, I have started going to a dance class. It feels good at the time and so far, has been nice to meet people in a different circle.

Anyway - one foot in front of the other and all that...sigh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Falkor For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dealing with "the rest of life" when TTC

Falkor- I totally know what u mean. There is nothing I would rather be doing than being a mum at home looking after my kids, washing and waiting excitedly for DH to come together. Might sound old fashioned but I long for the school pick ups and swimming lessons.

Makes getting up to go work all that much harder in the meantime.!!