+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 wk old who slept in cot now refusing to sleep in cot

My dd was sleeping in her cot right up until she turned 3 wks & then decided thats enough. I've spent the last 3 nights trying to get her to go back to sleep when she wakes up. The longest she stayed asleep was 30 min.
    In order to maintain my sanity (after not sleeping for 3 nights), I took her to bed with me & she slept, effortlessly (I'm aware of SIDS risk but had no option. She refused to go in the co-sleeper. She's exclusively breastfed. Feeds every 3 hrs. Neither of us drink nor smoke).

I still want her to go back in her cot as she's taking day naps in our bed too.

Any tips on how to achieve this?
    Should I just keep her in bed, hoping that as she gets bigger & she will go back to her cot. DH thinks this will work. I'm not so sure!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm pro co-sleeping so I don't have any advice on getting her back into the cot but I just wanted to say that safe co sleeping is not a sids risk

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

beccacino  (11-10-2012),lochiebearsmum  (09-10-2012),momtobe21  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is nothing wrong with cosleeping if you do it properly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

momtobe21  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am pro co-sleeping too. I have co-slept with dd (5 months) since day dot. I do it safely and ds (aged 5) is in with us too. It won't be forever and everyone gets sleep which is the most important thing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

momtobe21  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i co slept with my DS from early on... he is now five and in his own bed and REFUSES to come into my bed now They all stop eventually but i honestly felt it was a huge help in bonding too. I had many friends look down on me and my response was always the same.. if he still wants a pat on the bottom and a cuddle in bed at 18 i would happily do it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lochiebearsmum For This Useful Post:

momtobe21  (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont worry about it too much babies are temperamental, she might be going through a clingy phase. DD has now slept for periods of time in bed with me, basinette next to the bed, her cot, the couch, the bed without me... anywhere she'll actually sleep.
    Your DD will be back in her cot soon, for now just do whatever works, it's not worth the sleeplessness.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

momtobe21  (11-10-2012)