+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Short term: Continue to save: savings for ds account, saving to move back to SA, and saving for baby.

Then save for a little car.

5 years: continue paying dad back. offloaded or drastically reduced existing land mortgage and be payingoff an owner occupied property. Visit NZ for dh's 30th

10 years: Have no debt for land, owe dad nothing, look into investment property

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Figure out how we are going to survive on one wage once bubs comes along, whilst saving for more ivf to have number 2.
    When the house renos are done, which should be by Christmas then get the house re valued and try and use the equity to take out a consolidation loan for all the other debt (mostly caused by numerous ivf cycles whilst dh was doing an apprenticeship). Then try and pay that off asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, this thread has really inspired me! I'll have to sit down with DH and really work out a good plan for what we want to achieve. We already have a few goals...

5 years - Get DH in a more secure job. Complete all necessary renovations on our house - rewiring, replumbing, new insulation, finish deck.

10 years - not sure?

20 years - have our mortgage paid off and for DH to retire early

We also want to be able to take DD on at least one holiday every year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 yrs, will have finished a double degree and hopefully bringing in better money. Financially to keep on top of things and continue paying extra off on mortgage. To have completed lounge renovations (gyprock walls and finish flooring), painted house and planning kitchen renos.
    Unfortunately both my parents have a terminal illness and my inheritance (as they keep reminding me ) will be able to pay off my mortgage, I am hoping thats as far down into the future i wont need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: What are your financial goals?

Currently to just save

5yrs time - have been overseas

10yrs time - have at least started study to become a RN which will let me work permanately in full time work as DS will be in high school so things will be much easier with work and study

Not sure about after that tbh. I will be in debt from doing my RN but I am hoping I can just pay cash for my coarse but will see how things go I guess. Maybe perhaps aim for a nice townhouse to buy perhaps.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Financially we'd like to continue paying more off our mortgage, pay out our 2 personal loans, and own a new family car, that's our 12 month plan.
    Long-term we have decided to live in this house we've built for the duration of the mortgage loan, my DH's parents have moved alot in their time and because of that it means that in their 50's they're still paying a big mortgage. I don't want us to be in that situation, i'd like us to be mortgage free by the time we hit 50. Hopefully even sooner (40 would be great).