+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the next 12 months I hope to be able to be on top of my legal fees (separated) and keep the kids and I's home.

5 year goal- Have paid a big whack off this mortgage, have 1 x per year o/s holidays with the kids.

10 year goal- Completely paid the mortgage. Put money aside for investments for the kids.

15 years- uni fees (if they wish to go), start saving extra $$$ for my own retirement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    How long will that take Sunnyflower?

Don't beat yourself up, I think most people have been there. I know I did. I had the credit card- $7,000! I still can't beleive I had that much on a credit card. I also did the car loan as well but I've got only 2 more payments of that and than I'm done with it. I've decided I'm never going into debt for a car again, if I want it- I'll save up for it (easier said than done when you've got a car though).
    I'm not sure, hoping to get it paid off within a year. I will never get a car on credit again, I will save up next time.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Short term is getting a new (well second hand, but newer, better, more reliable) car.

Owning my own home one day would be nice too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For DP to find a full time job so we are able to think about the future! My closest goal is to get a ring on my finger, have a beautiful wedding (next 2 years) as well as do practical thing in buying our first house (3 years)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 years left on my personal loan, hopefully I can get it paid off quicker (but doesn't look promising)

Cancelled credit card will be paid off in a few months yay!!

Car loan has a few years but it's not a lot so I'm not so worried about that

We may be moving to a town with super high rent (DF possibly getting a job there) so that will prevent us from paying things off quicker than we wanted

Maybe one day we will own a house but we are not overly concerned of it doesn't happen for a while. We want kids before a house as that's more important to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 yr goal - to have paid off the credit card. Possibly have bought our first commercial investment property.

10 yr goal - have at least one commercial investment property, if not several.

20 yr goal - to have enough of an income from investments to retire

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 year goal - to have made a big dent in my debt

10 year goal - paid off all debt and we are finally owning our own home, and also putting money away for our kids.

20 year goal - paid off a good amount of our mortgage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We only have a short term goal...to have enough money for next year.

We have no long term goals...I guess except for continually making money freelancing and depositing in our managed funds...

We're kind of restless and uncertain of what we want in the future...where we want to live, etc...I am sure we will have ourselves sorted soon enough...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after our house is built I would like a concrete driveway put in, slat fencing around the back yard and to make a start on some garden beds. But those could take a while. Before any of that happens I would like a second hand but "newish" Subaru Outback. Im still driving my first car. :/
    A trip to the gold coast theme parks are planned next year as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short term - save enough to comfortably take a year off if/when bub #2 comes along. Offload a poor performing investment property.

Next 5 years - buy our next house while hopefully still keeping this one as an investment.

10 years - not sure yet! It would be nice to be in a position for DH and I to both work part time.