+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need help asap for night time toilet

Dd 5 is still in nappies at night.

How do i get her out of them. She was doing great without nappies for almost a year and that just happened naturally but then she suddenly started wetting again, 1.5yrs later and still wetting.

She doesnt wake up during the night so i guess the feeling of needing to wee isnt strong enough to wake her.

What do i do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had to wake dd myself on a regular basis throughout the night for her to go. she would scream, kick and screech and cry but she eventually recognised the need to wake up and go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah thats what i thought would be the go.

Only my dd is a very deep sleeper, waking her for other reasons in the past is a nightmare.

Im wondering, if i cant wake her, if i just hold her up on the toilet a number of times through the night and see if she does a wee, would this help her body learn to wake for a wee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    you can try it!! i guess you can only try these things. sometimes my dd would get wide awake and have her tantrum and sometimes she was more sleepy so i'd hold her on the toilet.. i also got a very good mattress protector - well, two actually so that if she wet the bed, i could change it quickly. I put it over the mattress and sheet and tucked it under the mattress.. that way i don't have to change the actual sheet, just the mattress protector. i started off having her in pull ups and would still get her up and when i noticed that she was going longer and longer with a dry pull up i'd swich to undies and the mattress protector. good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke my DD once, who is nearly 7 and still in nappies overnight, because she needes some ventolin. After locking ourselves in my ensuite in the sark for an hour why she kicked, hit and screamed and clawed me she woke up and said 'why am I in your bathroom?' Yeah, no way in h3ll am I waking her twice a night for the toilet!! She can not be roused and is cranky and awful like she was that night.
    My BIL was 7 before he stopped wetting the bed. DD1's doctor has told me not to worry until sje is 8 because of BIL. She's 7 at the end of next month and mostly dry now. Sometimes she wakes to go to the toilet, sometimes she just sleeps through amd is dry.
    My DD2 is 5 and wet about half the time. I guess she'll be like DD1.
    DS day trained 4 weeks ago and already has more dry nights than wet nights.

Honestly, if stirring a child out of their sleep to make them sit on the toilet, setting your alarm for 10pm and 3pm to get them out to take them appeals to you then go for it but no medical professional has ever suggested I do this with DD1 so I really doubt the success of it if the child isn't close to being ready. I don't restrict fluids for any of my children either. They are all requored to wee before bed...that's it. I don't agree with disturbing a child's sleep or deprivimg them on fluids personally.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I night trained my kiddies at the same time I day trained them so this hasn't been an issue for us yet. But if either of my children suddenly started wetting the bed most nights again after a year and a half I would definitely be taking them to the GP to make sure everything is alright. Sorry I can't be more help OP but I think a trip to the GP would be a good idea.