+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Toddler choosing own shoes

If it was a mild dry day and your toddler (3) wanted to wear gumboots to daycare, kinder or just home would you let them?

Ill wait for responses, then explain why I asked later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old loves hia gumboots and wears them a fair bit which I have no problem.with. If it was a really hot day I'd pack a pair of sandals or thongs in my bag for him incase his feet got too hot.
    My DH jas some weird hang up about them though and won't let him wear them...it's very weird and I don't really get the big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes & as above I'd also pack some other shoes with her.

I don't see an issue.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes i do but i tell him if he goes outside at cc he needs to change into other shoes, as I know they like the kids to wear shoes suitable for running and climbing outside. But he loves his pink 'fighter butterfly' gumboots and would wear them everywhere if allowed. What's with toddlers and gumboots I wonder??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. DD usually wants to wear hers everywhere, but I take them off once she's in her car seat and put her sandals/ shoes on.

I don't let her because they're a bit loose and often come off and then she ends up running around with one on and one off. She's never objected to me taking them off her, so it's never been a battle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, phew I feel better now! Ds wanted to wear his gumboots to daycare, they fit good now.
    I packed runners also.
    I told daycare that he wanted to wear gumboots and that his runners are in his bag if they want to change them later.
    One of the carers said to ds (in a nice way) "Didnt you listen to mummy this morning?"
    I thought that maybe I did wrong.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep. no worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have done the same thing! DD refuses to wear summer shoes at the moment, I put her in her sneakers and socks like she wants (even though I try to convince her to wear summer shoes, its not worth a massive battle)

Normally when I get her from childcare she is in her sandals, the girls show her the a couple of the older girls and boys with summer shoes on and ask her if she wants to match.

Shoes just aren't worth a toddler battle in my opinion!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is obsessed with her gumboots. They go to daycare, playgroup, library and even into town . The other day we went to check our PO Box, and she was in a singlet, nappy, and her gumboots - I figure as long as there's something on her feet, then there shouldn't be an issue

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    L did this the other day as were doing our jobs out and about town. He was wearing shorts and gumboots, and I begged and pleaded with him to change (only really to appease me- I just hated the way it looked!) but he was happy with gumboots so gumboots he wore.
    They always wear their gumboots to care during the colder months because they do so much outdoor play and little runners get ruined so quickly.