+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i joined in 2007 when pregnant with #3. Unfortunately due to people finding me online i didn't feel comfortable with that account and had it all deleted. kinda makes me sad as i loved reading through old posts & the birth story(which i wish i had copied first!!) but i still remember most of it

so now with a new account i am happy to stay anon, only checking in from time to time.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Gret u don't know if I ever told you, but you were an inspiration to me during pregnancy and the newborn days. I just did not know a soul with twins and you were the only one on Bh who I knew of that posted openly and honestly about parenting twins. I told myself that if you could do it and go back for more, then it must get easier. So sincerely- thank you!
    *tears* ...

shucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I joined in early 2006...I think (will have a look when this is posted). I was, converted and now back to being a single mummy. DS was 4months when I joined when a friend who was a regular advised me to. She's left, although we're still friends and I've remained. DS just turned 7. I think I'm fairly quiet most of the time on the hub but I read a lot. I've met some really inspirational ladies on the hub, and some not so....

I still get very excited whenever I see a post from an old hubber, and I love hearing and watching the kids grow through the years.

OJ- can't believe O&J are now 7- despite DS being the same age (hell, I can't believe DS is now 7!). I still love lil Gab- I love his beautiful brown eyes.

Shell- I love seeing a reply from a fellow single mummidan!

Nom- can't believe L&B turn 4 next week. I can remember the elation that you were pregnant (and I believe you were in the same TTC thread as my friend).

Myz- still remember the difficult times.

V8- can't believe your Mitchell was 1 on the weekend! Happy Birthday.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (08-10-2012),OJandMe  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I joined at the beginning of 2009. DS1 was about 10mths old. Bubhub helped me make lots of friends as a first time mum. 'Chat' introduced me to one of my very best friends.

The TTC threads were my saviour during the long journey to conceiving #2. Then the hub (my May 2011 due group in particular) were a huge support to me during the first few months of my pregnancy with hyperemesis. Then the end of my pregnancy with cyclone yasi ruining our house, having to move houses while 8mths pregnant. The hub was my support when i was battling to have a VB after 4th deg tears (which i achieved ). Then my move across state lines to a really remote town.

Then the hub has been a support during my battle to get DS2 sleeping (which he still doesnt do mind you).

Ive gotten lots of support here the past 4yrs, i hope i have given some too.
    DS1 is now 4.5yo and DS2 is almost 17mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a relative newbie but I joined a couple of months before we started TTC in July 2011 and I now have a gorgeous almost 4 month old DS! I've found it an invaluable source of help, tips and sometimes just a way to pass the time!

I thought that the app going was a great opportunity for me to break my bub hub habit but I just couldn't do it!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined in 2008. I was miserable - had finished high school, hated my degree and wanted a baby. Bubhub saw me through this post high school slump, me discovering my sexuality, me meeting my partner and now, our journey to trying to conceive a baby.

It has also challenged my thinking and informed me on SO many issues. Parenting issues, like breastfeeding, homebirthing, vaccination, circumcision. It has provided many of the resources I've used to formulate my opinion on these issues.

It's given me hints for activities to do with my charges.

It's introduced me to some of the most wonderful people I'll ever meet.

It's opened my eyes on social issues like p0rnography, social welfare, palm oil (thanks Ana Gram) and generally encouraged me to be aware of the things I buy, the things I put on my body.

It's given me ideas to help stretch our budget further.

It introduced me to the menstrual cup.

It introduced me to a wonderful group of rainbow families, who in turn led me to our wonderful fertility clinic.

But the support since we started TTC has been remarkable, I really would be lost without the women who listen to my whinges day in, day out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's really amazing where all of us have travelled over the last few years of our lives since joining. Most of the people who have responded to this thread have been so much help to us its unbelievable.

I was thinking today while not doing a lot how much I really do love BH.

Indy, do you remember when we met and we were discussing you TTC #2? You were pregnant at the time and I was so overjoyed for you.

SS, I remember we struck up a friendship when you were home alone, nothing to do and it was a miserable day. I invited you over without knowing a single thing about you but I felt like it was the right thing to do. Then reading to find out your pregnant again, it made me feel extremely overjoyed for you and your little family.

I feel like I have been on a journey with many many of you from travelling up to meet you(E&S) to meeting others at meets?

Even though there will be no more babies for me, I know I can get joy from many of the members I have grown close to over the years.

We have all shared so much with eachother, its kinda impossible to turn yourback on BH because of the support, friendship, laughs and hugs you get. There are days I never wanna come back but I always do because I know I would be lost without so much support I can't get elsewhere.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (08-10-2012),Mod-Myztik  (08-10-2012),summastarlet  (08-10-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined in September 2008 when I found out I was preggars but the 6wk scan showed a flicker rather then a heartbeat. The girls on the hub were an amazing support and wealth of knowledge during my missed miscarriage, d&c and then my TTC journey.

Just on 4yrs now and I could be having my baby boy in 1 week... holy frick!!!

I am sure everyone on BH and my DIG will be a wonderful support during this next phase. Bub has kidney problems and could need op and treatments but I know I will get through it wiht u guys and my friends IRL.
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 08-10-2012 at 19:01.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This thread is making me emotional!!!!!! So amazing.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I joined in 2006 just after my DS2 was born and I was trying to find ways to meet new friends.

Zac was 4 and Kai was about a month old

Zac's now 10 and Kai is 6

DS3 then came a long in 2010

hes now 2.5

ive been through ADHD diagnosis and allergy testings, my relationship ending and family dramas and found so much support here. I come back for the friendships and to try and give back to others.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (08-10-2012)