+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Oops i didnt know they needed to be replaced every 12 months.

Are the spray on ones good. I hate rubbing in the cream ones all the time....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    No, you just have to check the Use By date, don't just chuck out a perfectly good sunscreen if it's still within the use by date. I just bought a huge pump bottle of the Cancer Council "Work" sunscreen (it's a dry touch one, so far so good) and the use by date is September 2015. I sure as hell ain't throwing out all that sunscreen in 12 months time if I haven't used it!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sunscreen - which one?

We use the blue Cancer Council one for the whole family. I have a reaction to most sunscreens, but this one has been fine so far . We keep a roll on one in each of the kid's bags, and one on the fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    No, you just have to check the Use By date, don't just chuck out a perfectly good sunscreen if it's still within the use by date. I just bought a huge pump bottle of the Cancer Council "Work" sunscreen (it's a dry touch one, so far so good) and the use by date is September 2015. I sure as hell ain't throwing out all that sunscreen in 12 months time if I haven't used it!
    I was gonna come back and post about this as i checked our tube and its has an expiry of April 2014! Have had it for a year or so too.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The main thing is to make sure they are shaken well regularly. A friend bought some when he went on a cruise, didn't shake it very well or check the expiry both of these led to 3rd degree burns on his shins and parts of his chest after and hour in the sun.

I Myself use the Suntan Oil cause I tend to burn if I put on sunscreen. If I put on nothing I burn but it's usually fine in a day or 2. With sunscreen it generally worsens for a day or 2 afterwards and then is still painful for a week. Suntan Oil I tend to not get burnt. This is actually the way my family's skin works with most sunscreens. As yet we haven't had any of the next generation with this reaction but mum does think it may not have started till we were about 9 or 10, eldest grandkid is 4 so he is watched pretty closely all the time.