+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default dh so annoying lately

A bit of background..
    Ds is 6mo and wAs a hard baby with reflux and colic.. now on meds and muuuuuuch better. great bubba

Dh works Mon to sat but Fri and sat are half days. i used to look forward to those days as i needed help with ds
    I still need help with ds but he seems to be backing away with helping. hardly ever cleans the house or does the washing. seems a chore to bath and bed time with ds so i feel like i have asked him to run a marathon.

He isgood with ds just annoying me like not giving me a break. If i want to sleep in on a Sunday he will be so loud in the house that im up anyway or bring ds to bed which of course wakes me..

Im just starting to wish he works at the mines so i can have space from him.. If only he had a trade so he could.

I dunno i spose i need to vent this to someone but can't to friends and my parents love him to death so i kind of feel im letting them down by being unhappy too when i should be grateful with all we have.
    Anyone felt like this? I hope its a phase but just feel so unhappy at the moment with him..

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to say this, but could it be that your husband would also like a sleep in on a Sunday morning?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sounds like the 2 of you could do with a nice dinner and both talk about how things are going...sometimes, a good night and a bit of a reconnect can do wonders

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel. When things start to improve with bub my DH backed off with everything so now I feel it's just as hard because I'm doing everything. It's 24 hours for us mums!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand he wants a break too but he has to understand im working at home with ds all day. We take turns in sleeping in and usually decide the night before who cab. when its my turn he screws it up anyway..

I have spoken to him about it then he comes back with how he works to support us etc..
    I dunno its just annoying!
    Yep now that's its easier with ds he thinks its easy all the time so i don't need help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    perhaps next time it's his sleep in...you should repay the favour?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (07-10-2012),siennasyummymummyxxx  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It sounds like there's only Sunday when you're both home, and while I understand you get up to your son everyday, he also gets up to go to work too. I bet he wants a sleep in as much as you do.

Perhaps it's time to send DS to the grandparents for a night and BOTH have a sleep in, and spend some quality time together. May be a good time to discuss his parent in this whole parenting gig too...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Have a chat with your hubby when you're both calm and in a good mood. Explain that from the moment he walks in the door your free time should be split 50-50. Perhaps offer to give him the first half hour to unwind. If he doesn't agree, ask him to explain why he thinks he is entitled to more free time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you both need a sleep in.